Your Milkman

165357_10100235745186688_13710576_57662154_7492656_n.jpg

Hi everyone! Long time member of this board returning after a few years of inactivity.

Still making films, and in fact, that's why I'm here. I've been quietly browsing the forums for a few weeks now waiting to post this project... so here goes.

I'm putting out a plea post to all of you indie film folk to help a group of fellow filmmakers out.

In October I wrote a short film that I am shooting in May this next year. It's a 1950's period piece about a bored, beautiful housewife that enters a diner one evening and crosses paths with a milkman, who attempts to swoon her into an affair; by the end of the night, their lives are changed forever.

Yesterday, I launched an IndieGoGo campaign for it, and have received with great support, several donations to make this project happen. I was wondering if I could ask you guys to look the project over and if you like its cause and want to help us out, either make a contribution or re-post it on facebook or twitter? I'm trying to make this as educational as I can for everyone, so as the process goes along, I'm going to be making several short documentaries each step of the way and posting them on the IndieGoGo site to serve as a resource for others to promote their own projects.

I know this is a bit obtrusive, but I want to give back as much as I can to the community that helped educate me. If you've read the IndieGoGo page and want to actually read the script, e-mail me at dskubal@gmail.com and I'll send it to you promptly. I just want this to happen and to make a good educational resource for others along the way, but I need some help.

Here's the link:
http://www.indiegogo.com/Your-Milkman

I don't want this to come off as a cheesy sales pitch. This is something I'm passionate about and hopefully that shows in the script and the profile itself. I intend on making no matter what, but the more help I can get, the faster and better the final product will be and I would be forever grateful to you guys.

Thanks guys, and like I said, if you want to help out but can't contribute financially, simply re-posting it on Twitter, Facebook, or your blog would be so incredibly helpful.

I'll be posting updates on the progress of the project as things unfold.
 
Last edited:
Just read the guidelines. Just to clarify-- I intend for this to be a production journal of sorts. I'll be posting stuff about once a week I'd think.
 
Just an update: Sunday we held a live readthrough of the script. We documented the process and cut together an abridged 10 minute version of the discussion held at this meeting. Check it out:

 
Last edited:
Keep in mind:

1950 = totaly other sounds then 2010.....

ADR and foley might be needed.....

just keep it in mind.....
 
Good call. I was definitely thinking of finding a composer that knew how to get that 1940's/1950's old hollywood swelling sound. I did not, however, consider doing the actual mix in the 1950's style as well. Any pointers? I guess I should consult a sound designer as well :)
 
Old sounds would be old cars.. creaking stuff, metal stuff maybe...

People on the street, bycicles.... maybe small motorised bycicles...

Cows, sheeps, chickens walking everywhere....

It also depends on 1950 farmer or 1950 New York....
 
I think its great your going to publish the featurettes and little mini-docs of the process. One request: have your cameraman buys a tripod. Most of the doc was good but occasionally went to hell with jitters.
 
Thanks for the tips Dre83, I'll definitely keep that in mind when we get to sound design.

@Snazzy~ Were the jitters that distracting? It didn't really bother me. It was sort of a shoot-from-the-hip type of thing. I'll use a rig of some sort next time though.
 
So just a quick update! The campaign is going really well and as soon as I get a free moment, I'm going to edit a couple of short pieces we've made to document the progress of production.

We've got a UPM, AD and are in talks with a couple DP's. Last week I posted on the production blog about a contest that Joe from Zacuto Rentals and Eric Kessler from Kessler Crane have graciously donated towards. Read more about it at the blog, but basically you have a chance to win $500 towards a rental or Kessler Crane gear from their store!

http://danielskubal.blogspot.com/2011/03/revamp-campaign.html

Only 31 more days left!
 
Back
Top