xha1 polarizer is stuck on!

Trademark

Well-known member
I have a friend with a polarizer stuck on his XHA1, any ideas on how to get this thing off without damaging the camera? is this a time when it needs to be sent in?
 
I may get smacked for this one, but I had the exact problem recently, and spraying a little WD-40 around the attachment point loosened it up right away. Once removed, I quickly cleaned the entire area with plenty of lens solution.

--SM
 
If you cant get it off mechanically - rubbermat, strap wrench, etc., a little WD-40 may help it out like Stephen said. Save yourself some mess though and get a WD-40 pen. Keeps the overspray minimal and is just handy to have. Then of course clean with lens cleaner just to be safe.
 
augenblick thats a great idea, that happened to me with a step down ring, I use wd-40 and a pair of pliers, distroyed the ring, hvx was fine thank God
 
Back
Top