Will DVX Price drop when HVX hits the market?

HybridCreations

Well-known member
Hey,
I'm finally coming around to buying a DVX and then I come across this beast. Of course I want the HVX, but its just out of my price range. There's a $300 rebate on the DVX til the end of July. I'm still thinking of getting one, but I wonder if the price is going to drop substantially when the HVX comes out. What do you guys think? Also, what kind of longevity do you think the DVX still has? Do you think the XL2 might drop also? Thanks.
-Ryan
 
This was discussed a few months ago.

Short answers: no, the DVX price isn't likely to drop, since the DVX already retails at $2,000 less than the HVX does (and, as far as street price, a DVX is likely to be closer to half the cost of an HVX). So there's enough of a gulf in price that it may not need a price drop. But, you never know... the only safe thing we can say is "nobody knows yet". The old saw applies -- if you need the product now, get it now. If you can afford to wait, what do you lose by waiting?

As for longevity, the DVX will continue to be a current model in Panasonic's lineup. In fact, they've announced that there will be a new model, the DVX100B. The only thing we know about it is that it will employ a new manufacturing process to comply with environmental regulations that call for eliminating lead from the product. Panasonic intends to sell the DVX side-by-side with the HVX into the continuing future.

As for the XL2, it's already dropped substantially. It was $4900 for a long time, then $4499, then $4299, and now it's $3999 at B&H.
 
thanks

thanks

It answered my concern too... I think I can wait!!, but if I get a used one for about $1500, I think I'll take and keep practicing on that.
 
Thanks a lot Barry. :grin: Now I'm even more confused as to what I should do! It looks like the DVX will be around and viable for a little while at least, good to know. Thanx!

P.S. Sorry to bring up an old topic without searching :beer:
 
Sounds sugary. If ones philosophy is that a camcorder is a computer with a lens on the front, well, you know how fast computers become outdated....
 
I dont know how much you guys pay for it but here in Australia, the cheapest is $5400au, thats just over $4000us! and thats through mail order.
 
Does anyone think that it is worth waiting for the 100B? Also do you think that the rebate and all the free stuff that comes with the A will still be available to get after July 31?
 
Back
Top