Do some ISO tests really quick with pulldown.
1. 1080/24P/FHD
2. Set ISO Value
3. Make sure you're properly exposed in whichever way you can but do NOT adjust ISO.
4. Record and Pan
5. Do your Pulldown
6. Let me know what your results are.
I think my camera just got back today, I can't do it now but I think I've got a new theory.
Low ISO's on this camera are noisey as hell. IN fact, you shouldn't use the low ISO's. Most of the time, a low ISO introduces software driven artifacts that you DO NOT WANT. It's the same with RED, MKii and I know for a fact that low ISOs are a no no on the GH-1, I just never got to test out which ones were proper.
Now, how many people with the GH-1 actually have/had Polarizers and ND filters? I'm almost certain that 90 percent have been relying on the ISO's lower values to control light...
But I have ND filters and Polarizers, and I use them ritually to attempt to stay at a 320 ISO.
I used a higher ISO for the action stuff because it was night and low light... maybe there's a chance that the low ISO's are also causing an issue when dealing with the footage?
This isn't fact, but Commander, Sonic and whoever else has one, try it?
1. 1080/24P/FHD
2. Set ISO Value
3. Make sure you're properly exposed in whichever way you can but do NOT adjust ISO.
4. Record and Pan
5. Do your Pulldown
6. Let me know what your results are.
I think my camera just got back today, I can't do it now but I think I've got a new theory.
Low ISO's on this camera are noisey as hell. IN fact, you shouldn't use the low ISO's. Most of the time, a low ISO introduces software driven artifacts that you DO NOT WANT. It's the same with RED, MKii and I know for a fact that low ISOs are a no no on the GH-1, I just never got to test out which ones were proper.
Now, how many people with the GH-1 actually have/had Polarizers and ND filters? I'm almost certain that 90 percent have been relying on the ISO's lower values to control light...
But I have ND filters and Polarizers, and I use them ritually to attempt to stay at a 320 ISO.
I used a higher ISO for the action stuff because it was night and low light... maybe there's a chance that the low ISO's are also causing an issue when dealing with the footage?
This isn't fact, but Commander, Sonic and whoever else has one, try it?