Which pelican case best fits HVX?

allahkaram

Honestly, I don't want to carry multiple cases for my HVX and other kool gadgets. I was wondering if there is a way I can fit all my precious things in one case. I have HVX, Anton battery, P2 16GB, Duel card reader, Battery charger, Letus FE35, Nikon 50mm,
18' indirail, RR follow focus, and a pair of headphones. I just realized it sounds a lot. If not one case than is there a way to get two cases that would best fit all mentioned above. Thanks for your input in advance.

-Qazi-

they only pelican that will hold that all AND give any kind of room for jostling about is the 1650 - and thats even a bit dicey

they only pelican that will hold that all AND give any kind of room for jostling about is the 1650 - and thats even a bit dicey

I appreciate your suggestion. If I were to get two separate cases. Which ones would you recommend?

I have a 1600 for my 35mm adaptor, lenses, monitor and my 1650 for everything else (except sound stuff).

I bought the 1690, it's the biggest non gun case they make. It's huge... I have my HVX with M2 hardmounted, 7 lenses, follow focus, a tripod, tripod head, kessler crane fluid like base, glidecam 2000, headphones, all power cords, accessories, tools, a 21" widescreen monitor, and lots of small goodies. It's a big boy alright.

Once again I appreciate your suggestions. I think I'm gonna go with 1650 for now and might add 1600 or another 1650 if needed.

Pelican 1560. This fits my HVX and a DVC30, firestore,batteries,extra lenses.

47b7d733b3127ccebbde821699c100000025109YasmzNrg

47b7d733b3127ccebbde9c0018e800000025109YasmzNrg

anyone know what the largest pelican case is that fits the hvx+basic accessories AND is airline carry on friendly?

Last edited:
The Pelican 1510 is the largest carryon-legal case. If you can fit all your stuff in it, that would be the one to get.

is it ok to put a fully assembled hvx200 in one of these cases?
Define fully assembled.

Are you talking about a DOF adapter with rails, a monitor, a microphone, or what? To be honest, I would always disassemble and pack it properly.

Check their website... it's on there with airline safe cases

From experience... get one with a built in handle and wheels! I almost lost my HVX a few times in the "port."

Your best bet for all of that AND airline safe is 2 pelican cases!

If you really want a case to hold your whole rig already setup... Zacuto has some great ones! They also have accessory cases that fit lenses plus P2 cards and what not!

i have a 1510 and a 1560. i keep my hvx/redrock in the 1560 and lenses and marshall monitor in the 1510. if i m shooting without the redrock i can easily fit the hvx, batteries and marshall in the 1510. i have taken it on a plane many times with no probs.

i would suggest springing for the padded divider set rather than the pick n pluck. this way you can easily reconfigure your case when you need to. plus the pick n pluck is kinda fragile and if you make the partitions too thin it will fall apart very quickly. to me the padded dividers offer more than enough protection and they are very convenient.

Define fully assembled.

Are you talking about a DOF adapter with rails, a monitor, a microphone, or what? To be honest, I would always disassemble and pack it properly.

Can you put it in the 1650 with the mic and FS-100 mounted on the top?

I don't have a FS-100, but I don't think it would fit. Even if it did, I wouldn't want the FS-100 to bear any weight.

Back