Which cards for sony fs700?

cckid

Well-known member
Hello,

which class and which brand of sd cards are people using with their sony fs700? What is the best? What are the minimum requirements? What are the most suitable for super slow motion shooting? Any recommendations or first hand experience would be very welcome...thanks
 
You'll need class 10 or faster for super slow motion. I have been using a several Transcend 32GB cards since FS100 -- over a year. They have been great.
 
Sandisk is really reliable. I've had many, and only 1 bad one that started off bad right when I got it. Factory defect. The rest have work like champions

I had several Kingstons in the past, and I would avoid those. The 3 that I did have all started to go south over time. Started off fine, but then they started getting buffer errors.

I've been using the Sandisk Class 10 on the FS700s with no problems
 
Hi,

thanks a bunch for the great info...I just got back from the store...went with the sandisk 32gb...95mb/s...class 10....will go take a couple of shots...
and let you know if it works as it should....
 
I cannot recommend PNY cards.

I can recommend Sandisk Extreme 45MB/s cards. Have been very reliable. Will get more for sure as the price is dropping all the time.
 
does getting a 30mb/s or a 45mb/s make any difference in writing slow motion? Anyone know this?
 
Sandisk is really reliable. I've had many, and only 1 bad one that started off bad right when I got it. Factory defect. The rest have work like champions

I had several Kingstons in the past, and I would avoid those. The 3 that I did have all started to go south over time. Started off fine, but then they started getting buffer errors.

I've been using the Sandisk Class 10 on the FS700s with no problems

I've had an issue with one Sandisk Ultra 30MB/s Class 10 - where the camera simply shuts down after about 5 seconds of recording, then bringing up a "file recovery" option. When I use my Sony Class 10 card, the camera functions normally. Is this similar to what happened with that one bad Sandisk of yours? Thanks
 
Back
Top