Where I watched Horrorfest...

I went the opposite direction for viewing.
viewer.jpg
 
Brandon Rice said:
From Avid, I exported a Quicktime Reference file (It points directly to the raw video files on my drive) and then I opening in QT Pro and exported the H264 :)


genius!! anybody know how to do that in premiere?
 
oh, now THAT is sweet. sorry i laughed. i thought maybe you took a picture of a film and made a joke out of it =)

very cool, 7CS. thanks for watching horrorfest!!
 
thekyleman71 said:
genius!! anybody know how to do that in premiere?

Not sure what issues you were having with Premiere, but I export raw avi in premiere and then compress with QT Pro. I guess you can watch my film to see if the quality is what you like/expect. I thought it came out pretty sharp.
 
apollyon said:
Not sure what issues you were having with Premiere, but I export raw avi in premiere and then compress with QT Pro. I guess you can watch my film to see if the quality is what you like/expect. I thought it came out pretty sharp.

Yeah, that was sharp. Alot sharper than mine...
I have a couple questions:
1) DVX or HVX
2) What were your QT Pro settings?

And Magicchildfilms... I sure did watch Buffalo Samson on the big screen. I watched for the first time on there and about fell out of my chair when he came back in at the end to kill the interrogator. Nice work!!
-kyle s.
 
thekyleman71 said:
Yeah, that was sharp. Alot sharper than mine...
I have a couple questions:
1) DVX or HVX
2) What were your QT Pro settings?

1) DVX100b
2) I am at work not at home, but I'll check when I get back. Off the top of my head, I recall I played with the bitrate settings and ended up going with 1200 I think. I will confirm later this evening (EST).
 
Hey Kyleman71, these were my settings:

Video

Compression: H.264
Quality: High
Key frame rate: 24
Bitrate: 1200kbits/sec
Frame reordering: yes
Encoding mode: multi-pass
Dimensions: 400x225

> Drill down in Settings:

Data rate Restrict to 1200 kbits/sec
Compressor - Encoding Best Quality (Multi-pass)

Sound

Format: AAC
Sample Rate: 24.000kHz
Channels: Mono
Bit rate: 24kbps

I hope that helps. If you're wondering about size, my short was 5:25 long, started out as 10 and a half gigs, compressed down to about 46MB.
 
I've been watching these mostly on my laptop, and generally with headphones so I can hear the nuances in the sound that get lost on computer speakers.

But we're going to be doing an HD screening of Meat with 5.1 surround sound at FotoKem in Burbank in a couple of weeks. If anyone wants to go, let me know.

Ben
 
Back
Top