I just got my DVX used in January and have learned a great deal in the short time using it. i love it too, but...seeing the footage on my friend's 1080p, 52 inch tv screen made me a little worried.
My college thesis film is fastly approaching in the Springtime. I'd start shooting around February, and planned to use my DVX. But that's before I learned about the GH-1 and it's very cheap pricetag.
Now, this is probably the last time for a while where I'll be able to gather actors/crew members for no money to actually shoot something with all our willpower. I want to focus whatever money I save up into putting together a light kit, buying a new mic, etc.
Originally, I was going to spend the time between now and February buying equipment, experimenting with it, etc. I still plan on doing all this, but since I want this to be something really good (that I could submit to festivals), I was thinking about upgrading to the GH-1 since it's HD and has lens options.
I realize how crazy out of stock it is, I mean realistically doing this IF I could score one in the coming winter months. To afford it, I could sell my DVX soon to put money towards it.
OR, I could just stick with what I have- either way, my focus is on the lighting and sound and composition. But ultimately my question is how big a price drop I'll take if I wait until- next summer to sell my DVX instead of this fall. I got mine used for 1100 bucks online, so I imagine the more I wait, the less I get.
See my dilemma? Again, this isn't my MAIN concern. But I'm thinking, if I can get MORE for my DVX now, I'll only have to spend a few hundred on the GH-1...and with that comes HD as well as lens options (and a still camera for publicity photos!). I'm not trying to jump on a bandwagon, I realize there are many downsides to the camera...but THAT PRICETAG, along with lens options...kind of makes me wonder what someone will pay for a used DVX by next year...
Let me know what you think...
My college thesis film is fastly approaching in the Springtime. I'd start shooting around February, and planned to use my DVX. But that's before I learned about the GH-1 and it's very cheap pricetag.
Now, this is probably the last time for a while where I'll be able to gather actors/crew members for no money to actually shoot something with all our willpower. I want to focus whatever money I save up into putting together a light kit, buying a new mic, etc.
Originally, I was going to spend the time between now and February buying equipment, experimenting with it, etc. I still plan on doing all this, but since I want this to be something really good (that I could submit to festivals), I was thinking about upgrading to the GH-1 since it's HD and has lens options.
I realize how crazy out of stock it is, I mean realistically doing this IF I could score one in the coming winter months. To afford it, I could sell my DVX soon to put money towards it.
OR, I could just stick with what I have- either way, my focus is on the lighting and sound and composition. But ultimately my question is how big a price drop I'll take if I wait until- next summer to sell my DVX instead of this fall. I got mine used for 1100 bucks online, so I imagine the more I wait, the less I get.
See my dilemma? Again, this isn't my MAIN concern. But I'm thinking, if I can get MORE for my DVX now, I'll only have to spend a few hundred on the GH-1...and with that comes HD as well as lens options (and a still camera for publicity photos!). I'm not trying to jump on a bandwagon, I realize there are many downsides to the camera...but THAT PRICETAG, along with lens options...kind of makes me wonder what someone will pay for a used DVX by next year...
Let me know what you think...