PandoraFilmmaker
Member
After experimenting with my JVC GY100's bizarro "HDSD 60P" mode for motion use (and concluding it could be a real pain - if not impossible to edit) I accidently left the camera in that mode and went on to shoot arpox 16 hours worth of a feature documentary I've been shooting in the HDV 30P setting. Explitives deleted!
So now I DO need to find the best way to capture into FCP 5 (I have a G5 Dual Core, non Intel processor).
Per Dashwood's advice, I've tried the trial version of HDVxDV. I just want to know if this is the best solution. This is how I've done it:
1)Set preferences to HDTV 720p (1280x720)
2) Video Resize 4:2:2 Precision YUV - checked (but this is a guess - I don't know what it means!)
3) Field Dominance - default setting on Lower Field First (this is also a guess)
4) Export as QT movie HDTV 720P (1280x720)
It seems to work in my HDV sequence. However when I try to downconvert to an SD sequence, the 60P clips do not automatically resize the way the HDV clips do. I have to resize and re-letter box them.
So, if you have any experiences working with this wierd format, please post. It seems to be the only solution for getting smooth, unstroby motion shots, so I may use it intentionally for that.
So now I DO need to find the best way to capture into FCP 5 (I have a G5 Dual Core, non Intel processor).
Per Dashwood's advice, I've tried the trial version of HDVxDV. I just want to know if this is the best solution. This is how I've done it:
1)Set preferences to HDTV 720p (1280x720)
2) Video Resize 4:2:2 Precision YUV - checked (but this is a guess - I don't know what it means!)
3) Field Dominance - default setting on Lower Field First (this is also a guess)
4) Export as QT movie HDTV 720P (1280x720)
It seems to work in my HDV sequence. However when I try to downconvert to an SD sequence, the 60P clips do not automatically resize the way the HDV clips do. I have to resize and re-letter box them.
So, if you have any experiences working with this wierd format, please post. It seems to be the only solution for getting smooth, unstroby motion shots, so I may use it intentionally for that.