What gear might have shot this footage?

m4/3

Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZsgPrLOlpY
The footage is clear, crisp and detailed when viewed at only 360p and the images are bright and lively. So my guess is we can rule out all small sensor camcorders like the Panasonic AC90/130/160. The colors do not look like Panasonic colors so I guess we can also rule out all Panasonic still cameras. So does that mean the footage was likely shot with a Canon / Sony / Nikon still camera?

The reason I ask is because like multitudes of other hobbyist type video enthusiasts, I am searching for gear that can shoot footage that is clear and crisp when viewed at only 360p on Youtube. Why? Because most people do not have computers or internet connections capable of playing 720p or 1080p videos without pausing and skipping. Thanks
 
I find that Youtube responds well to video's that have been uploaded with higher bitrates. I know the normal Youtube guides recommend 5-7mbit bitrates, i searched around on youtube's help guides and found one for upoading higher bitrate content. What I do is to render my video's out to a Bluray image file and I actually upload that to youtube. Im at work at the moment so havent got my info to hand but I'm sure I upload to youtube at approx 21mbps ish.. Youtube seems to take our source file and either upscales/downscales depending on what you give it. If you give it a high bitrate clean sharp file then it has more to work with when it converts it to flash, if you upload a low bitrate file, it cant put back whats already missing if that makes sense?
cheers Andy
 
You can actually see one of the cameras they are shooting with at 11:45...

It's a small sensor Canon consumer video camera, which was my first guess because everything in the shot is in focus which usually means small sensor camera.

If you are after a sharp image in a small sensor consumer camera, then any one of the the Panasonic TM700 / TM900 / X900 / X920 cameras will produce an extremely sharp image. ( sharper than most other brands )

The new X920 is rated to capture 1,000 lines of resolution when recording in it's highest mode.
 
Back
Top