What do you GH-1 owners think about the CNet review?

I knew that. It always makes me laugh when some FUD-ER drops a turd in the middle of a thread discusision, and just happens to be a coincidence; it's their very first post ever........

Just another idiot thinking we are stupid to that shite!
 
The HV20 is such a thing of the past is not even worth mention it anymore. Its ok if you had some fun with it but thats it. Its a relic of the past. It is not a professional camera by any means.
 
fud.gif
 
This is is the 2nd most embarrassing I've ever had to admit to but I didn't know what FUD meant. Googled it and found out. Wassup with that? Is this a hobby for some? I'm so old the only FUDd I knew was Elmer.
 
Well, you'll get a HV20 for less than 600 and it has much better quality than this camera from what I've seen. Yeah, it has a smaller sensor and deeper dof but the quality is much better.
Whew! I am feeling so much better having read your post . Yes, I think I will follow your advice immediately. I only wish you had posted your thoughts earlier. But then that would have messed up your perfect record of 1-post. And all here I am sure as you will read, not only live and die by your deep and well researched words but they also have your track record to stand as comfort for the drastic measures they will undertake as soon as they too finish reading your sage advice.
 
Hi, I'm sorry if I offended someone. And I'm absolutely not trolling here. And why the hostility? I actually didn't knew I'd get this reaction. I mean, we can have different opinions right?

I didn't realize this would be the first post, actually I've posted here before but with an old account I've since forgotten it seems. I just tested the log in with my usual set of usernames and passwords and found this one working.

From what I've seen the compression is pretty damn heavy. But you're right about the low light capabilites.

I've read up a lot on this camera and was quite excited about it but was a bit floored when I saw the image quality. And maybe I could've been a little bit smoother as this is a dedicated forum for the camera and all. And obviously the zero posts thing offended you further.

I remember getting slammed here a long time ago, before reduser, for stating out that the RED had some heave rolling shutter wobbling. Which it did, at the time. Now it's better.

Actually I downloaded quite many videos of the GH1 and all seem to have large compression artefacts.

Hm, and BrianMurphy. What exactly was my advice? I just gave my opinion on this camera.

Had I known it would be the first post I wouldn't have been as short and direct about it for sure.
 
The HV20 is such a thing of the past is not even worth mention it anymore. Its ok if you had some fun with it but thats it. Its a relic of the past. It is not a professional camera by any means.

Yeah, sure. I just mentioned it because it's pretty cheap and to show that her argument wasn't that far fetched.

I agree with a lot of what you guys say, but not on the actualy image quality.

Sorry for double posting but I got more response on my post than I thought. Or wanted, I didn't realize it would be as controversial. Should've known though. Being on a dedicated board and all.

EDIT: And so that everyone know what I'm talking about. When I said quality I mean just the image quality. Leave every dof, wobble, lowlight or other discussion aside. Just look at the compression and average cleaness of the image.
 
Last edited:
Attention Moderators,

Is there any chance we can get this thread closed so it will drift away, since it's just a rehash of an already beaten to dead subject matter with no constructive purpose and surly a waist of board space/bandwidth.

.
 
For less than 400 bucks, the SD9 is a better cam.. No jello, solidstate, uses 150 batteries and its 1/2 the size of the HV20.. but it too looks like crap in low-light.

The HV20 is rated at 80 ASA. SO unless you are outside or have tons of light on the subject, you got bubbkus.
 
You can be right. I've never used that camera. I took the HV20 as an example casue I've used it in a production. And you're absolutely right about it's poor low light capabilites. The pictures I got out of it was sweet though.
 
Whoa Whow! Stop lady... stop!
You are Confused, you don't know the SLRs, you don't even know the consumer cams, once I saw your review of HVX200 and I was LOL...:-Laugh(DBG)-1
Sorry Guys! I too think this thread must be closed...:furious3:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top