What BNC cable to connect FS700 with Odyssey 7Q?

I find that the convergent design cable works very well. It's super thin, which allows you to easily coil up and tie any excess length, while being certain that it will maintain data transfer for 4k and such. Also, if you change the location where you mount the 7Q, you always have that extra length in the future.

As this is the only cable I've worked with so far, I cannot speak to the quality of other cables. But if you do venture into the great unknown of BNCs, definitely make sure that it is a 3G, not just HD.
 
3G means that the cable is designed to pass 3Ghz of data through, making it a high-efficiency cable. Most cables are clearly marked right on their sides. Additionally the BNC connector must be of high quality and the mounting of the BNC connectors must have been done well.

I would say that about 80% of the tech support calls we get boil down to bad cables. People think they have a good one but then they try to pass 4K60p RAW through it and there's just no way. That's why we make our own Ultra-thin lightweight SDI cables, available in 18" and 36". I personally suggest the 36" length as Rafael is correct, the cable is so thin and light that the excess can simply be coiled up and zip-tied to the back of the Odyssey. The cables are available from any Convergent Design dealer.
 
Mitch, I know it could be hard but if you could recommend any other brand besides CD, what it would be? :)
 
I don't think it would be polite of me to name other manufacturers. You can get quality 3G-SDI cables from several manufacturers. They are not very expensive, and it is worth it to spend a little bit extra to get a quality one from a reputable dealer rather than an unknown quantity over the internet. I'm sure there must be a professional video equipment dealer in your region of Poland who could assist you.
 
I'm all for the convergent design cable as well. Get the 36" no matter what. I tried 18" and you can't really even set the 7Q up front for a shoulder rig set up. 18" runs out much faster than you'd expect. Never had problems with the 36" cable from convergent design.
 
Old thread, I know...

But Mitch, if you read this: Do you know of any stockists in Australia that carry this Convergent Design BNC cables?
 
Back
Top