Wes Anderson style GH13 short

wash this shot with anamorphic lenses or did you crop in post? Details appreciated. Very creative and good storytelling, BTW. Cheers

Thanks a ton! I cropped it. I've been meaning to do some anamorphic work, but for now I just love the look of the aspect ratio.
 
Great stuff! What song is that you used at the end there? I know I've heard it before. What was it, Band of Horses?

Vcassel,

The song is The funeral by Band of Horses, the other song is a cover of Human by the Vitamin String Quartet.
 
Id agree. Fix it. It was the downfall of something oddly entertaining.

Also, get rid of the music - this thing has no legs anywhere until your within the law on copyright. Ive noticed this a lot on shorts lately being produced by DSLR users.

If this piece is just for you, friends and family or just a mess around demo for youtube then you would be far from the first to do it. If you ever intend to use this piece in a commercial sense i.e. to get work, or to submit this all over the web, then you literally open yourself up to trouble.

Noel,

I appreciate the advice, I understand what you are saying about the music, and I usually do a bunch of music composition but I didn't have the time to do anything like that for this piece which was put together in 24 hours. In terms of the sync sound portion of the video I 100% agree, it's the worst.
 
Back
Top