madhorizons
Active member
Disclaimer: As will become quickly obvious....i suck as a camera operator. This is only my 2d time shooting, I'm normally a post-prod/FX guy. Luckily, this wasn't for pay, else I'd owe the couple money LOL. I was made to stay in the back and the photographers kept kicking my tripod (which is a $30 one that I should of hung weight from ).
I exported to flv, but it looks weird...lots of jaggies. Not sure what's going on there...I shot in 30p with a shutter of 1/60 (is what it was on when I got it....rental).
Anyhoo....constructive feedback welcome & wanted. Replying just to say I suck is like someone buying Windows ME just to say it sucks....aka...tell me something I don't know LOL. Apparently, my fiancee/business partner wants to start doing this, and if I'm going to become good at it w/out having to outsource camera people, I'll need input like crazy. I already know the "slides" in the beginning are too long for each, will probably trim those by ~3 secs. I know I could of benefited from a shoulder mount or steady/glide cam setup....that thing by itself is really like and I'm shaky.
DVX100B, 1/60, 30p
Adobe workflow (Premiere/After Effects)
Used Magic Bullet to grade, but none are at default....i chose the "look" and manually changed each part of the settings.
Montgomery-Gentry MP3 (cpls fav band.....not for pay and they own the CD)
http://madhorizons.com/jen_matt/index.html
or
http://madhorizons.com/jen_matt/musicvid.wmv (doesn't stream....haven't figured that one out yet either...used to quicktime streaming).
Thanks and I'm ducking while standing by
I exported to flv, but it looks weird...lots of jaggies. Not sure what's going on there...I shot in 30p with a shutter of 1/60 (is what it was on when I got it....rental).
Anyhoo....constructive feedback welcome & wanted. Replying just to say I suck is like someone buying Windows ME just to say it sucks....aka...tell me something I don't know LOL. Apparently, my fiancee/business partner wants to start doing this, and if I'm going to become good at it w/out having to outsource camera people, I'll need input like crazy. I already know the "slides" in the beginning are too long for each, will probably trim those by ~3 secs. I know I could of benefited from a shoulder mount or steady/glide cam setup....that thing by itself is really like and I'm shaky.
DVX100B, 1/60, 30p
Adobe workflow (Premiere/After Effects)
Used Magic Bullet to grade, but none are at default....i chose the "look" and manually changed each part of the settings.
Montgomery-Gentry MP3 (cpls fav band.....not for pay and they own the CD)
http://madhorizons.com/jen_matt/index.html
or
http://madhorizons.com/jen_matt/musicvid.wmv (doesn't stream....haven't figured that one out yet either...used to quicktime streaming).
Thanks and I'm ducking while standing by
Last edited: