GH3 We Still Love You, GH3.

debinatx

As I mentioned on the PV site, I'm still incredibly impressed by the GH3. Graded in After Effects, we used the Voigt25 and a Genus Variable ND on this shoot along with GH4.

And as I've said in another post on this board, we moved on to a more expensive systems (BMCC, BMPC, BMPCC, GH4), only to return to this sweet little camera to ask, why mess with a good thing?

Anyone still using their GH3's and still loving it?

Wow, great work on both, Bern. Clearly, both cams intercut really well with the Alexa.

That short, slow-mo shot at 00:28 in Detroit (GH3, I presume?) is incredibly haunting. (Scratch that: all of the images coming out of Detroit are harrowing.)

Footage looks great!

But then, the GH3 is great!

I shoot a lot of weddings and need 50p for slow mo so the GH4 isn't really an upgrade for me, as it only does 50p in 1080p. The GH3 still often surprises me when looking back at the footage. Great camera.

Still in love with my GH3 as well. Outside of 4k and the extra clean details from down converting 4k to HD the cameras are virtually the same. The Gh3 is still one of the best video cameras I have ever owned and I am blown away at the level of quality us common folk are able to achieve. eighteen years ago when I started in this business I would have never imagined we would be where we are today in terms of quality.

I had a GH1, GH2 and GH3 and this time I decided to skip the GH4 because the video and features were already outstanding on the GH3. At this point I will hold out for a GH5 and finally skip a GH camera in Panasonic's amazing line of cameras.

Hehe, yeah I still love my GH3 (although my LCD hinge has gone too!) I'm tempted by all the updates Panasonic have made with the GH4, but I've resisted buying one (so far...). I use the GH3 as main camera for weddings, this filmed with GH3 and GH2 (vanilla):

Hehe, yeah I still love my GH3 (although my LCD hinge has gone too!) I'm tempted by all the updates Panasonic have made with the GH4, but I've resisted buying one (so far...). I use the GH3 as main camera for weddings, this filmed with GH3 and GH2 (vanilla):

lovely. is this audio into gh3?

Thanks, devinatx! Love the colours on your field clip!

All the ceremony audio is from the Sennheiser ENG 100 G3 lapel mic going into a GH2. Most of the other clips are a Rode VMP going into a GH3.

Back