Water Condensation

XMaduX

New member
Hello guys, this is my first topic.

I was shooting a rock concert with my DVX100, it was a small room with a lot of kids, I've already done shooting in this place, and a lot of kids rocking in a small place produces a lot of humidity, so I've clean my lenses and continue.

But this time it happened again ad when I tried to clean the lenses, it didn't work, so I realize that the condensation was inside the lenses. I've got very scared and turned it off, after sometime the water go away.

Why did it happens? how can I avoid this? I'm afraid it can damage my lenses in anyway.

Thanx in advance for your help.
 
do you have a protective lens filter screwed on to your dvx?
it might of been that?

I would recomend you to get a rain cover to protect your camera. it's like $100 I think.
a little nice insurance for your camera.
 
No, I don't have any filters attached, is it good? wich one would be good for this? would the rain cover protect the camera from any humidity? or just falling water?

thank you
 
if you see a water mark on the lens, that's deffinatly not good....

for the rain cover, the PortaBrace is good. (but will cost more)
a lot of people would always put it on when ever they shoot outside just to protect their camera.
and yes, it will protect it from humidity
 
Back
Top