Volunteers need to test some new scene files...

dashwood

Well-known member
I've been working on some new scene files that will emulate some different film looks. I colour corrected some basic footage to the desired look, then applied the CC settings to a basic capture of a colour chart. I then adjusted the settings in the camera to match the results on the scopes as closely as possible.

These are the new settings I have so far:

FILM NOIR (The Third Man, Touch of Evil)
WARM (Three Kings Act III)
WARM GREEN (Amélie)
BLEACH BYPASS (Three Kings Act I, Saving Private Ryan)
CROSS-PROCESSED REVERSAL (Three Kings Act II)
FILM VERT (The Matrix)

Before I go public with this next batch of settings, I'd like some real world testing done in various locals and environments. All you would basically have to do is program the settings into your camera and shoot the same setup with each setting.
If you have a SD card reader (or digital camera with SD) I can also email you the scene files in .scn format and you can transfer them to the camera.

So please respond to this thread if you are interested and let me know what EXT environment you can shoot in (desert, urban, studio, snow, jungle, etc.) and when (DAY/NIGHT/MORN/MAGIC HOUR.)

More specific instructions will follow.

Tim
 
I am in turning of a movie on the sorcieres that this master key in a drill in the center of France. I am very interessé by your reglages on the hd101..
excuser me for my English!!
!mon mail: submedia@wanadoo.fr
SUBA
 
Yes Please....

Yes Please....

Hi Tim - We will be shooting a whiskey product shoot in the studio very soon and I am keen to play around with the look.... please email me the info for all your listed styles at - stu@studioscotland.co.uk and we will email you back our results as soon as we have them....

Regards: Stu... :thumbsup:
 
Tim,

I would be happy to test these scene files. In fact, I have created some specific modes that are similar, all at 0 dB. My favorite is one that I use in an evening Main Street USA environment with a whole bunch of lit-up shops and bars. It is excellent with low light, and no SSE-- it looks very natural and perfect for my documentary.
 
Tim, I'm also interested in testing those scenes. I will be shooting on the desert in Morocco maybe next month, I don't know if I'll have the time and opportunity to make camera tests there but where I live there's sea, urban, woods and a fine weather. If you wish send me your scene files to diogoathouguia@gmail.com and tell me which environment you prefer.
 
Tim, I'm also interested in testing those scenes. I will be shooting on the desert in Morocco maybe next month, I don't know if I'll have the time and opportunity to make camera tests there but where I live there's sea, urban, woods and a fine weather. If you wish send me your scene files to dtabares@spymac.com and tell me which environment you prefer.
 
dtabares said:
Tim, I'm also interested in testing those scenes. I will be shooting on the desert in Morocco maybe next month, I don't know if I'll have the time and opportunity to make camera tests there but where I live there's sea, urban, woods and a fine weather. If you wish send me your scene files to dtabares@spymac.com and tell me which environment you prefer.

What is this??? A joke???
 
Hello Tim,

Do you still have those scene files? I would like to take part in trying them out. I've just recently purchased the HD100E. Really wanna try to test it out its full potential.
Here's my email: wymanlew@yahoo.com

By the way, any of you guys using the Micro35 with it?

Thank you. Much appreciated, Tim.

Regards,
Wyman
 
Back
Top