Visiting the Monsters

Dustin R. Rogan

Silent Bob's Evil Twin
Alright Texas, its time to step up and show these Cali boys whats up! The Fat Monster Boys will be in Austin Fri and Saturday. I'm calling out all you DVXers from Texas to come out to Austin and do lunch with the Monster then hang out in Austin that night! Leave your mommys behind (Penguin) and Come drink/eat with us!

Let me know if you can make it either here or PM to get my phone number...and no dirty calls please, Johnson does it enough don't need anymore!

Rogan
 
Roger that. ... Tim, Luis and I will be hanging in Austin and it would be great to do Hooters or something appropriate with some Texans. I'll coordinate with Rogan and hopefully some of youse can come have a beer.
 
Jeez, that is intriguing. I'm a huge barbecue fan and would consider making the trip except it sounds like you have to be there before 7:30 a.m. on Saturday morning to have a shot at getting fed!!!
 
Well, I also like The Salt Lick(about half hour outside of town) and one called Artz in south Austin, if I remember right.

I'm sure Mr Caffesse can hook you up.

But in general BBQ in Texas is a lot like Mexican in LA. Even the most basic place will be better than say, any grilled thing they call BBQ in NYC. So it's hard to go terribly wrong.
 
This weekend my dad is playing with two bands (an acoustic group and the band that Mark J played with on New Year's Eve) at a local event called Capital City Ribfest.

Award winning rib and pork vendors from around the globe bring their spits and grills to Lincoln, Nebraska for a 4 day event held in the streets of downtown Lincoln. My dad has been playing music there every year for quite awhile. The food is INCREDIBLE. Definitely gives you a chance to eat some of the best ribs and barbecue available in the world. They have the awards and trophies on full display to prove it.

Here is a link to their site:

http://www.pershingcenter.com/ribfest/


You can see his name near the bottom there.

rf2.jpg


rf1.jpg


rf3.jpg


rf8.jpg


It's good stuff. You all should make it over here for it sometime.
I'll be there taking pictures and filming him with my HVX this weekend. (Not to mention enjoying some damn good barbecue) - I'll try and post some video of him later on.

Here is Mark with the band:

IMG_3002.JPG


As you all know, Mark is a phenomenal piano player. He fit in well and really helped to fill up the sound! Our band played at a bar downtown and Mark made it over to hear us play through a set... then it was time for his big moment!

Terri%20Jo,%20Wes%20and%20Duane.JPG


Daddo in the middle there. This is from last year's ribfest.
 
Last edited:
Because I like you, I'm going to pretend like I never even heard this...

But here's the good news, Harris! Unless you have a program that turns all text on the forum into audio, you don't have to pretend because you didn't hear it! But you did read it...

Leave your mommys behind (Penguin) and Come drink/eat with us

Are you saying I am welcome to come out? I don't live in texas, but if one of the Monster's has room in his suitcase I would be happy to come along. Tim, get a huge suitcase because I know all you will have in there is a black T-shirt and a pair of jeans, that way I can hope in and have some fun with you guys in Texas! :)
 
Man, wish I could make it down for this as well! Suck it.

Oh well, Rogan you better show them a heck of good time! If they don't go back wearing a cowboy hat, boots and big buckle somethin ain't right!

:laugh:

Have a good time in Texas guys....

:beer:
 
Back
Top