Very First Music Video on hpx170..be gentle

truehuss

Well-known member
This is my very 1st music video. I have learned alot from this video, although i had researched ALOT I hadnt even understood until I finally grabbed the camera and started shooting. By that I mean, the MOST important element of this whole process was to PLAN! which I didnt do too well mt first around, now I 'think' I understand and my next one will be much better from the aspect of seeing it and knowing it had a plan as opposed to just shooting and trying to edit a plan in premiere!(which is what i did) anyways, the talent liked it (especially since there friends & I did it for free..lol) But with all that said I think I can get this 'Music video thing' so expect to see more and much better planned shots from me in the future.
I also know everything I did wrong like : moved the camera way too much (although they kept asking for movement) didnt focus as much as I shouldve (but we were stealing shots and go kicked out of everywhere we shot ..lol oh well we still got the shots we needed) I have no story but this song is more of a performance piece and so on.. I will be BETTER!! lol



Thanks to everyone that answered my questions and helped out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAGmGBxfnD8
www.diamondstreetfilms.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/DiamondStreetFilms
 
Last edited:
thanks bro.. Yeah I was the cameraman, director, dop, gaffer, editor, vfx artist etc.. etc.. I need help next time ! lol
 
BobBlankemeier, yessir.. drexel's floor of lights .. you from the philly area bro?

male man, to tell you the truth, I have no outboard monitor to check critical focus or even tell if its too dark or what, I went off eye. I think it did ok in a very low light situation with 1 comer light. although i KNOW it could have been better with lighting setup, as I said in my original post, we were guerilla shooting this video and were told to leave the premises a few times..lol so setting up wasnt going to happen. we had to run & gun.

all told, I now have learned my lesson to secure location & get permission, get some friends to help with lighting and what not so I could focus. but oh, well its my very 1st try at this and I have learned alot.
 
I used to live in Philly and went to film school at Temple U. I was walking over near Upenns campus recently. I went to Bobby Flays Burger Palace. The onion rings are massive.
 
Back
Top