V lock power options and DC cables for the 700

paulcurtis

Veteran
I've been having a rejig of how i power the 700. I just got one of the new tilta hyperdeck shuttle/vlock plates. It's dawned on me that the DC in for the 700 is some weird sony plug. So how are people powering the cam itself - i've googled specialist cables but not really found any yet. I seen people hack off the plug from an AC adapter and use that but that doesn't sound ideal or very robust.

Perhaps i'm missing something?

cheers
Paul
 
Look at Lanparte's site....they have a battery mounting plate the features several lemo connector outputs.....and one of the cables they supply terminates in a battery dummy gizmo that will insert directly into the FS700 battery slot. Check Switronix plate if Lanparte isn't the one....sorry....I looked at so many.

Maybe a guy could just buy that dummy battery(like alot of previous Sony AC Adapters used in the past)....and create your own cable?
 
Look at Lanparte's site....they have a battery mounting plate the features several lemo connector outputs.....and one of the cables they supply terminates in a battery dummy gizmo that will insert directly into the FS700 battery slot. Check Switronix plate if Lanparte isn't the one....sorry....I looked at so many.

Maybe a guy could just buy that dummy battery(like alot of previous Sony AC Adapters used in the past)....and create your own cable?

I'll take a look but i thought the 700, unlike the 100, didn't work with the fake battery approach. Certainly not the sony own ones.
I have the tilta plate with a lot of outputs on, it's a question of getting it into the weird DC in of the 700...

thanks!
paul
 
Hawkwoods also makes a dummy battery....but at over $100 USD + shipping, I feel a lot dummer than the battery for buying it LOL

It works buuuuut, it's overpriced IMHO.

Westside also offer a cable

http://www.westsideavstore.com/index...=product&id=63

The power supply is thatn same one used on one of their older consumer models. Their was a thread that named the model number but I can't find it.

BTW - if you are looking for a great power distribution box at a great price, I just came across this from F&V who are normally noted for their lighting products;

http://www.fvlighting.com/v-mount-battery-adapter-system-with-hdmi-254.html

I wish I would have bought this instead of the hawkwoods which came out to $400 with shipping and a much crappier mounting system.
 
Thanks True North,

I suspect i will make up a cable using the AC adapter idea and a d-tap plug - that seems the most cost effective route, thanks for the links.

The tilta plate is nice too, power distribution and a mount for the shuttle all in one.

cheers
paul
 
The only reason I prefer power distribution boxes like the F&V or the Hawkwoods is that they use all D-Tap connections as opposed to a whole bunch of voltage specific ports with different connection points which are less versatile IMO

YMMV
 
There's a dtap on here too, it's the cable to the 700 i'm struggling with.

I've also discovered the shuttle DC in is non standard as well...

cheers
paul
 
Back
Top