UX180/UX90 Total length with Microphone?

Speedster159

Active member
Planning on getting the UX180 but I'm getting a bag right now for my HC-X1000 and want it future proof.

What's the total length of the your UX180 or UX90 with a typical shotgun microphone attached? Aka the MKE600 and NTG2? I like having the shotgun, lav, and lights still attached to the camera when I store it in the bag for practically 0% setup time.
 
From the official Panasonic UX180 specifications (http://pro-av.panasonic.net/en/4k_camcorder/ag-ux180/pdf/ag-ux180_spec.pdf):

  • Length: 392 mm (15.4 inches) including lens hood and eye cup
  • Width: 173 mm (6.8 inches) without protrusions (such as the microphone mount)

The microphone holder screws in to the right side of the camera and extends the width by about 1.5 to 2 inches. I believe it is the same microphone holder as is included with the Panasonic HC-X1000.

The microphone holder mounts about two inches back from the front of the camera (with the lens hood attached). How far a shotgun microphone will extend beyond the front of the camera obviously depends on the length of the microphone and how far forward you mount it in the microphone holder. But hopefully this gives you a rough idea of the dimensions.

The UX180 is a somewhat larger camera all around than the HC-X1000 presumably because of the larger lens needed to cover the 1-inch sensor.
 
Back
Top