UPREZed w/ Magic Bullet Instant HD

How is the workflow and rendering times with this plug in?

Also, why not just export as and HD file to uprez instead of using the plug in?
 
what i'm doing is completing the Sequence and clips in Premiere, then "Replacing Clips" with AE Comp; in AE the Instant HD plug-in renders to the HD size you direct it to (i'm choosing 1020x720).

What Red Giant Instant HD claims is that the plug in doesn't just expand your pixels to fit the new aspect ratio, but also ADDS pixels so there's more clarity. There's also some fine tuning (sharpening, unsharpening - similar to Photoshop filters in the effects controls of the Instant HD).

Before buying this plug-in, I was just exporting to HD. But now, after exporting — the difference is definitely there. I'm totally happy with the difference this plug-in does make.

As for rendering: it really does bog down Premiere after you replace the Sequence Clips with the AE Comps. So, that's why I'm making certain I finalize my clip edits before replacing them with the AE Comps.

With all that being said, I'm still a newbie to Premiere and AE. Please, if someone with more experience with all of this can chime in would be greatly appreciated. If you have a faster work flow, please share.
 
I am also new with Instant HD, and using it for my DVX100B video clips, my work flow is that after editing with Vegas 9.0E , I then use frame server ( so that I do not have to render it out as AVI file ) to import to After Effect 4, from there I use Instant HD and export it out as MPEG2 blue ray, then burn to blue ray disc. I have not try on hour long video clip, only 5 minute long. I think if one hour long then in composition duration will be set to one hour. hope it helps.
 
Back
Top