Up in the air for a new camera

If I can get a Camera that supports 4K, and can get global shorter shutter.

Then your only options are the Sony F55 and the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K, as I don't think there are any other cameras that support 4K and a global shutter right now.
 
Looks like your just going to have to buy what you can afford for now, then upgrade once you are in a position to do so.

The BMC 4k s35 is not out yet, so I don't think you can even consider it right now.

There's nothing wrong with the F3 or RED Scarlet at this point, the only other consideration could be on the post workflow end of things. Do you want to work with RAW or slog, do you have the space and computer system to transcode footage on a regular basis to ProRes, etc. etc..

Good luck with whatever you decide. Remember when and if you ever need the F55 I am not too far away!
 
Back
Top