Two girls

I think it's almost there. Love the contrast, but I think the rim lighting could be heavier or the shadows lit a bit. It's difficult to make out a lot of it. But yeah, this is almost there!
 
agreed , epic looking footage.. epically bad vocals !!! ..but were all about the image here , not the music .... thank god!
 
Yeah man cool lighting, I like that you made a choice and went with it fully... I think the hands on the knobs in the beginning where too lit compared to the rest, would have liked to see that in silhouette as well. And my personal preference would be to add a little more fill just to get a little more love on the faces... but it's you taste as DOP. Also I have to agree that sound coming out of a woman is not pleasant. Hopefully you're into that music (which I won't fault you for by any means) cause if I had to edit that video and listen to those vocals over and over I'd be afraid of turning into the devil!
 
Okay, here it goes... I love death metal, so I love female fronted death metal (thor's hammer esp)... But I'm not into the singing screaming mix. I like the look, but I agree with most that it's just a tad bit dark. I'm really impressed with your lack of jello, what did you use to steady the cam?

P.S. the drums are on the ride in the beggining when they should be on the snare and a part where she's hitting the ride when she should be hitting the crash... Just a drummer geeking out.
 
Last edited:
P.S. the drums are on the ride in the beggining when they should be on the snare and a part where she's hitting the ride when she should be hitting the crash... Just a drummer geeking out.

Haha...found myself looking for those details as well :-)))
However I'm not really fond of the grindcore / death metal shtuff so I won't comment on the music.

The vid is good looking and I also would have added some more detail to the shadows. On my screen there is just too much black swamping the overall imagery (but then again the musical genre almost calls for it, innit?)

P.
 
I though the crushed blacks suited the genre of music. The high contrast lighting gave a striking look. Great choice of colour palettes for the various scenes.
I liked the introduction of fill-light on the band-members during the quieter moments of the music at 2.40 to 2.55.

In terms of composition, I thought the drummer and the singer were staged too far apart in some of the wide shots. A too wide expanse of black between them.

I though the editing was great.

Music-wise, I fear for the singer's larynx!

Overall, I thought it was a great music video.
 
Back
Top