Two a7s sensor modes?

I'm loving it too.

They measure the sensor readout speed of the a7s using some fancy equipment, and the numbers are very close to what I found:
a7s FF: I said 30.5ms, they say 34ms
a7s FF: I said 19.5ms, they say "a little less than 20ms"
(his numbers may be at 3:2, so then a 16:9 crop would be 28.7ms and 16.9ms)
 
One particularly useful post from that blog:
http://blog.kasson.com/?p=6267

He checks whether it's better to increase the ISO or push the image in post. Comparing his ISO 3200 and 25K samples, I don't see much of a difference, and I'd put the advantage at ISO 3200 if any.
On the other hand, ISO 800 and 1600 show a lot more noise than the others, and he relates it to the dual sensor mode and cites an Aptina patent that could explain this behaviour.
 
Back
Top