Top Lenses

The rumored lens (12-75 IS) would be quite useful but I read a post by Jan the Panasonic rep. that said there were no lenses she knew about that were in production.

To be clear though, she said that she has no idea what's going on with the Lumix line and their production, and they are the ones currently making the lenses.
 
Hi tflak,

nut sure - the 7-14 was for me a (expensive) compromise too. Especially as I am right now shooting time lapse sequences at night which we want to use in scenes we shot with green screen. Have problems with banding with my GH13 when I go only slightly up in ISO or have too long exposure time and airplanes keep whizzing as long streaks and much too fast over the sky because I am on 4.0. Would have bought the 8 mm, but that's 3.5 only.

Yet the optical qualities of the 7-14 thingie seem to be first class. 11 was too long for what I wanted, so I guess you are stuck with the Olympus.

Thanks for the feedback, tipota. That's why the 8mm isn't on my list - plus it's a fisheye and I'm not looking for that, at this point. What you point out is exactly why I hesitate about 4.0. I hope you finally manage to get what you need for your timelapse.
 
Back
Top