derbrocks09
Well-known member
Anyone have any thoughts about building a great WA kit for the AF100?
I've never owned any of these lenses BTW
I'm going with Canon L primes from 24mm and up and plan to get the Birger mount with remote follow focus so I'm leaning toward the 16-35L with the Tokina. I love the idea of having the slowest lens in my bag being 2.8. I can't imagine I would really need anything wider than 11mm. I also love the idea of having all the function on the Birger mount. I plan to get the fully functional Birger for Steadicam work which is another reason I'm leaning this way.
However.
Everything I read about the Nikon 14-24 is that it ROCKS! I know I would love that lens. It sure would work well with the 7-14mm too. Of course I'm not thrilled with the idea of it being f4 so perhaps I could pair it with the Tokina which seems to get great reviews as well.
Does anyone have any thoughts? I'd especially love to hear your take if you've owned any of these lenses.
The Oly 14-35 at F2 sounds interesting too. Also I believe there's an Oly 7-14 as well at F4.
From what I've read the Nikon 14-24 is amazing and smokes the Canon 16-35. But most of the reviews are comparing them on full frame still cams.
I'm really leaning toward the Canon Tokina option but I would love to hear what everyone thinks.
On another note. Will B@H ever have the Tokina 11-16 Canon in stock again? It's been out of stock forever. ???
Thanks in advance.
I've never owned any of these lenses BTW
I'm going with Canon L primes from 24mm and up and plan to get the Birger mount with remote follow focus so I'm leaning toward the 16-35L with the Tokina. I love the idea of having the slowest lens in my bag being 2.8. I can't imagine I would really need anything wider than 11mm. I also love the idea of having all the function on the Birger mount. I plan to get the fully functional Birger for Steadicam work which is another reason I'm leaning this way.
However.
Everything I read about the Nikon 14-24 is that it ROCKS! I know I would love that lens. It sure would work well with the 7-14mm too. Of course I'm not thrilled with the idea of it being f4 so perhaps I could pair it with the Tokina which seems to get great reviews as well.
Does anyone have any thoughts? I'd especially love to hear your take if you've owned any of these lenses.
The Oly 14-35 at F2 sounds interesting too. Also I believe there's an Oly 7-14 as well at F4.
From what I've read the Nikon 14-24 is amazing and smokes the Canon 16-35. But most of the reviews are comparing them on full frame still cams.
I'm really leaning toward the Canon Tokina option but I would love to hear what everyone thinks.
On another note. Will B@H ever have the Tokina 11-16 Canon in stock again? It's been out of stock forever. ???
Thanks in advance.
Last edited: