Tis' the Zombie life for me -Alimar

Alimar

Member
(filename: ZOMBIE4.WMV) Thanks for watching and I hope that it was at least somewhat entertaining. Comments welcome.
 
I didnt really find the style of this one to be entertaining but I definately saw where you were going with it. It was a good attempt and I'm sure other people found it entertaining.
 
I loved the opening music on this one. A very macabre fun feel; like a Tim Burton approach musically....

But honestly? I felt this so bad it was good do you know what I mean? It was like a train wreck and I just couldnt seem to pick my jaw off of the floor. I can see the direction you were aiming for but everytime there was a 'Twirly Z' I just was left speechless.

The woman 'appalled' at the zombieboys piano playing was hilarious, the 'don't be a slug, be a motivational bug' was very bizarre to me as I was laughing but I am not sure if it's a good thing...

The whole Water being splashed on the woman had a kind of surreal eroticsm to it. I was literally feeling awkward during this moment as if I should not be there. The vacuum cleaner assault sequence left me wondering what were my real goals in life.

I just am confused right now.
 
I agree with John on this one, I liked and didn’t like. I actually liked the zombie swirl as it reminded me of like the old Batman and Robin effect. I think the story had some good shots and can tell with more work you’ve got some good potential.
 
Hey
I liked the swirl as well. I didnt like the lighting on the womans face. I couldnt stand her acting. She was purposely annoying but she was over the top acting, like when she was being attacked by the vaccum. It reminded me of someone who was trying to be funny without thinking how stupid they looked or how unrealistic they were being. She was more mad at the vaccum than him which was wierd. I had the same reaction to her being splashed. I thought she was taking it kind of sexually and she was enjoying it as she wasnt moving at all. Just saying his name over and over... The actor could have used some make up... to reinforce him being a zombie. I was starting to think that he wasnt really dead, just worn out and didnt want to talk to his mom.
Brian
 
Thanks for all your comments. We definitly had some stuggles putting this one together, but now is a good time for me to crawl back into my cave and rethink what is it that makes a good movie. I definitely need better lighting to start (no more shoot at 9:00pm with orange overhead lights). Rework the storylines and polish up the acting.....hmmmmm
 
When I saw the title I thought of swash buckling pirates vs zombies type of short .
Alimar I feel a little out of sorts here ...what I like no else does , what I Don't like everyone likes ..First off I like the swirling Z ,as mentioned above ..re- Batman style.( O those memories).
When I judge a film here I don't care about the acting , lighting etc , maybe I should but I go on how I feel . You made me smile thru out your short , yours is in my to watch again file .
The actress that played the mother did a nice job . There was something different about her that I really liked . The Zombie Lad...Hahahaha great , I'm still smiling . I can't pinpoint why yours makes me smile but it does and that is what counts ..Nice job ...also liked the music .
 
John_Hudson said:
The vacuum cleaner assault sequence left me wondering what were my real goals in life.
LMAO

Seriously- cool swirling Z, annoying mom was way way too annoying. Good attempt.
 
I was also left emotionally disorientated after this screening.

It was funny in a sketch-ish (ala SNL) kind of way...but as was discussed in the "Brains!" thread; does a sketch qualify for a short "film"? Personally I fall into the camp that thinks, no, sketch comedy doesn't qualify. To me, even the zaniest of spoofs or the...ah...'slappiest' of slapstick has to have direction, follow some narrative, and have closure. I found the bulk of your short to be a long set-up for the "oh-he-gets-it-from-his-father" gag at the end.

Your stuff is funny, by the way.
 
ummm, I didn't really like this one. It just rolled, I didn't care what happened, I just wanted it to be over with, but I watched the whole thing.

Somehow you made an addictive, not very good film. I couldn't stop it, but I knew I should have.

Swirly Z was trippy. and alot of fun.
 
I don't know if I should post this and I really, really, really, hope you don't take this too bad. First off, I agree with most of the comments above. Second, I really can't think of a good thing to say about this film. It was really wierd because the whole time I was thinking "holy ****, is this guy serious?", but like mentioned above I couldn't turn it off! So maybe it is a good film? There are others that were technically better but I HAD to turn them off. This one I made it all the way through. But still, I pretty much wide-eyed it the whole way through. I think you should just tried to take a different approach and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Good luck and feel free to rip me a new ass here: http://www.dvxuser.com/V3/showthread.php?t=34759
 
Haven't read any of the posts other than Slimothy's above, and have to kind of agree with much of what he said.

My notes for this one from when I watched it: Poor acting, story, editing, sound, etc. across the board. I got REAL sick of seeing that swirly "Z" transition with SFX REAL fast.

Overall, while I didn't rank this the LOWEST in the fest, it still ranked pretty low.
 
I thought this one was ok. Not so boring I wanted to fast forward and not so full of itself I was outraged there was no story...

The acting was just ok. Concept ok. Went on too long. Definitely felt more like a skit than anything else.

It was ok. Very good effort.

Robert
 
Back
Top