Thinking of a new battery package

Looking at the specs the max load are almost twice for AB than it is for Batteries 4 Broadcast. So if you are planning to use a powerfull light, but not for long runtimes you can get away with Dionic90 vs needing the next largest of largest B4B pack and then the savings are not to large, at least on the batteries.

Probably only relevant for news, wedding and event shooters, wouldn't apply to me. I have used one on-camera light in the past five years, it was for a piece for the latest DVD release of Breakfast at Tiffanys and we setup a cocktail party with the cast and shot them news style. Rented a LitePanels Mini, but those have their own battery attached to them.

Good math though.

Dan
 
Batteries4Broadcast!

Extremely reliable batteries.

I've been using them with my Panasonic BT-LH80W monitor flawlessly!

1.5Lb each.

For the HPX300 we would need no more than this package:

Two (2) V-Mount Style 90Wh Batteries @$235 + One (1) 1CH On Camera Charger/Power Supply @$360 LESS 10% OFF Discount = $747.

Just add taxes & shipping charges.

Two (2) V-Mount Style 90Wh Batteries = 15.84g Lithium Content.

Henry
:)
 
Probably only relevant for news, wedding and event shooters, wouldn't apply to me. I have used one on-camera light in the past five years, it was for a piece for the latest DVD release of Breakfast at Tiffanys and we setup a cocktail party with the cast and shot them news style. Rented a LitePanels Mini, but those have their own battery attached to them.

Good math though.

Dan

That's probably right, just a thought. I do events to a certain extent so it might be a better setup with AB with a good deal from my dealer.

Anyone know how these B4B batteries perform in more extreme conditions? I have to take into consideration that temperatures some working days are as low as -30celcius.
 
That's probably right, just a thought. I do events to a certain extent so it might be a better setup with AB with a good deal from my dealer.

Anyone know how these B4B batteries perform in more extreme conditions? I have to take into consideration that temperatures some working days are as low as -30celcius.

Suggested operating temp: -20°C~ +55°C

Same as for Anton Bauer Dionic 90

H.
 
Guys,

I know there are lots of options out there, I am not intereseted in those options as I am not trying to establish a new relationship with another battery manufacturer. I am only interesed in the Anton Bauer solution that I have. It is way too much work to bring another manufacturer in to sell a couple of batteries, especially if it is something that has to be "sold" over an Anton Bauer. THw solutions that I am able to work with are from AB. You can buy anthing you want but I am just trying to make the most attractive package with the best price/performance ration that I can within the confines of my venue.

So I am sure all of these suggestions are great, and everyone can look at the many options. I have decided to try and put together a package that has 2 AB Hytron50s and a Tandem70 AC Adapter/Charger. I think it will be a nice combination in today's market and with this camera.

Thanks,

Jan

Hope that
 
Jan:

Knowing that the ABs are overall probably better quality, do you have an anticipated price target for the AB package? I would pay more for AB than these other solutions if the price was in the realm of reality for me.

Thanks for putting this together.

Dan
 
Hi Jan,

from my prospective, the Hytrons are not as appealing to our customers as the Dionic 90s.

We'll sell 20 or more Dionic 90s for every Hytron sold.

The Hytron package would be more appealing to new customers with no past Anton Bauer purchases who are looking to get their foot in the door with a camera package.

Terry




Hi,

I would like some input. We are all familiar with the Lithium Batteries and the transportation of those and they are also expensive. So I am conducting a little test this morning with the Anton Bauer Hytron-50. I put the camera into Loop record in AVC-Intra100, have the LCD open, the VF on and it just lasted for 2 hours and 56 minutes. So I know the Dionic 90 lasts about 4.5 hours, but it costs about twice as much.

So here's the question, would a package of 2 Hytron-50 batteries and a Titan charger/AC Adapter which would come in much cheaper be of interest? With 2 batteries you would get a little more time than one Dionic but you could pack your camera case and put it on the airline, no worries.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Jan
 
I use/own several AB Dionic 90's and purchased a big fat AB Hytron 140 NiMh batt specifically for air travel. I think there may be a resurgence in Hytron usage because of FAA regulations regarding Lithium Ion batts.
 
Hi Jan,

from my prospective, the Hytrons are not as appealing to our customers as the Dionic 90s.

We'll sell 20 or more Dionic 90s for every Hytron sold.

The Hytron package would be more appealing to new customers with no past Anton Bauer purchases who are looking to get their foot in the door with a camera package.
Hi Terry,

We have AB Packages for the Dionic and for some customers, you are right they have more appeal. but new customers, and if you think about the HPX300, a good majority of the people coming to this camera have not held a larger camera in a long time, perhaps, or they have nothing but small cameras, so yes they are new. I canget a package that will give the customer about an hour more of total time for about $100 less than the single Dionic Battery package. That single Dionic is $1046, I just got my pricing in from Anton and this package should be able to list at $950. That gives 2 batteries and the Tandem Charger/AC Adapter. I think it is a pretty good deal.

Best,

Jan
 
I'll give Anton Bauer a huge shout of confidence. Sure, they cost a lot, but I have had very few problems with them. And what really won me over? When I did have a problem I called them up. An American answered the phone on the second ring, discussed my issue, and asked me to send the kit in. They cleaned it, updated it, and got it back to me in no time at all... and didn't charge me a nickle, even though I had owned it for over 12 months. I wish I could name one other company I have ever dealt with that was as good as them. Well, AMD was at one time.
 
This 950 dollar package is avaialable where/by whom?


Hi Terry,

We have AB Packages for the Dionic and for some customers, you are right they have more appeal. but new customers, and if you think about the HPX300, a good majority of the people coming to this camera have not held a larger camera in a long time, perhaps, or they have nothing but small cameras, so yes they are new. I canget a package that will give the customer about an hour more of total time for about $100 less than the single Dionic Battery package. That single Dionic is $1046, I just got my pricing in from Anton and this package should be able to list at $950. That gives 2 batteries and the Tandem Charger/AC Adapter. I think it is a pretty good deal.

Best,

Jan
 
This 950 dollar package is avaialable where/by whom?

Hi Cees, I did this as a US Package. Sorry, I have an old buddy at Anton Bauer and one evening over dinner we were talking about the hassles of air travel and the Litium Ions, and it was eureka moment when I saw the opportunity for the low power consumption of the HPX and the Hytron 50s. So check in with your Pana folks in your area and see it they can put together the same thing, send them on to me if you wish. I think we all buy from the same guys.

Best,

Jan
 
But if I am visiting NY for some days this summer to buy stuff like batteries, P2 cards etc. (US $ is still low for us europeans ) where can I buy this package or does it only go together with the HPX300 ?


Hi Cees, I did this as a US Package. Sorry, I have an old buddy at Anton Bauer and one evening over dinner we were talking about the hassles of air travel and the Litium Ions, and it was eureka moment when I saw the opportunity for the low power consumption of the HPX and the Hytron 50s. So check in with your Pana folks in your area and see it they can put together the same thing, send them on to me if you wish. I think we all buy from the same guys.

Best,

Jan
 
Any of our Authorized dealers should have it, some stock like Abel and B & H, maybe Spec-Comm, but I think the safe thing to do is to call ahead and let them know you are coming so they can be sure to have it waiting for you.

Best,

Jan
 
We put together a 3x Dionic 90 / 1x Hytron 140 package for our 300 kit with a single position Titan70 that travels in the bag. Most often, we're playing with a bunch of other VariCams and HDX900 packages and will jump onto their 4-position chargers once we settle into the larger camera departments. The Titan70 also provides a power mains directly to the camera to get you off the Dionic/Hytrons for longer studio work / interview days.

e
 
Back
Top