Theme vs Genre

Theme vs Genre

  • Theme based

    Votes: 20 87.0%
  • Genre based

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Line of dialog required

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Character required (name or personality)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Prop Required

    Votes: 8 34.8%

  • Total voters
    23
  • Poll closed .

Wild Imagination Films

Well-known member
This poll is to find out who would like to continue in the Theme format vs the Genre format.
I personally like the freedom to come up with my own story based on a theme.
Additionally, I'll add options about requirements.
 
I don't think in terms of genre when making a picture so, by default, i voted for theme. and I like requiring a prop over the other two. it's less invasive.
 
I personally like the idea of a line of dialog being required, because a word or phrase can mean an entirely different (or opposite) thing when it is used in different situations. It can also be portrayed differently in terms of how the line is said. So I think this helps filmmakers to show diversity in the way they choose to showcase a specific line.

I also voted for theme.
 
Personally I like the theme fests as it gives the film maker more options and the viewer more variety. Also, I like a required prop because it is interesting to see how each person interprets it, although I have never done one with a required line in dialogue...that might be interesting.
 
I like mixing it up instead of just one all the time.... Didn't see that option, so I abstained.

Different ones for different fests is my vote.

Later,
Jason
 
I like mixing it up instead of just one all the time.... Didn't see that option, so I abstained.

Different ones for different fests is my vote.

Later,
Jason
Right there with you, Jason...but I'd really love a NoirFest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I do mind the line of dialogue thing, but the mandatory prop can be a lot of fun and really add to the story. I wouldn't mind genre, but theme is the way to go. Its nice to see so many different riffs on a single take. Just goes to show you how limitless creativity is. :)

-Dave
 
Back
Top