the solo project

jenningsp

Well-known member
hey everyone!

some of you may remember my film from the last horror fest - it came 63rd out of 65 if i remember correctly :D

last years film was done completely by myself - filming, acting, editing, original score, everything. made in 6 hours with no plot or direction.

this year I'm stepping it up a notch by trying to make an awesome film with some sort of plot and some production value... hopefully it ranks better than last years.

the situation -

i have some equipment (as opposed to last year). i just finished filming a 24min sitcom pilot for my film course and i have the equipment left over from that.

sony PD150 - schools
shotgun mic - schools
501 tripod - schools
3x redheads and gells - schools

letus35A - mine :D
nikon lens kit (28mm f2.8, 35mm f2.5, 50mm f1.8, 135mm f2.8) - brother inlaws
skateboard - mine :D

i have to return the schools equipment in 2 days. so i've only got tonight, Saturday and sunday!!!

everything will be done by myself. and i mean EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!
 
Hey, I loved that film. You used the 35mm "Pringles Can" adapter, didn't you?

Totally surreal. Best part: the flyswatting of his inner demons that live in the kitchen. Good stuff. Really. But I'm weird like that.

Looking forward to your next one!


Cheers!
 
thanks john!

my old adapter was made out of some cardboard poster tubing and a canned peach tin, the GG was an old chinese takeaway tub and the macro lens was from some ww2 binoculars :D it was awesome!!! but the letus35a is nice as well
 
thanks john!

my old adapter was made out of some cardboard poster tubing and a canned peach tin, the GG was an old chinese takeaway tub and the macro lens was from some ww2 binoculars :D it was awesome!!! but the letus35a is nice as well

Now that's what I call DIY! Good luck man, use what you got and make the best of it!
 
i got really drunk last night and came up with a concept for my film. so now hung over and with about 36 hours before this equipment has to go back, i'm going to make this thing.
 
I never got to see your last film...but I was down near the bottom last time around too. Sounds like your creative though.....I say anyone that can make a home-made lense can make a movie.

Count me eager to see it!
 
i got to film a few scenes but not all of it. i was really struggling with this plot business :)
hopefully i can refine my script and film the rest of it in the next few weeks. it's just a question of getting a camera.

one piece of advice for all of you. don't try to make a film when you're hung over :(
 
my old adapter was made out of some cardboard poster tubing and a canned peach tin, the GG was an old chinese takeaway tub and the macro lens was from some ww2 binoculars :D it was awesome!!! but the letus35a is nice as well

OH... MY... GOD...

I absolutely love that line. With your permission, I'm using it as my new sig... maybe.

-brown

and where can we view your horrorfest film? is it up anywhere?
 
i have no objections :D

here's a still from the movie - i might re-shoot this scene though.

1191980040.jpg
 
Back
Top