The Radio Mechanics Trivia Contest

Barry_S

Moderator
The Radio Mechanics Trivia Contest
www.radiomechanics.com
RADIO_MECHANICS_GRAPHIC.jpg


So here's your chance to win a cool DVX sci-fi short on DVD. All you have to do is go to: www.radiomechanics.com , click on the link, login, and answer a simple trivia question related to the production. The password for DVXuser.com members/guests to access the trivia game page is: clashware

The fine print...
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1) Game duration: May 9 through June 6, 2005[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2) Trivia Questions: One new question posted here each week (total of 4 questions for duration of game). Answers can be found on this site. The day and time each new question is posted may vary from week to week - so visit often.[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3) Number of times you may submit an answer: [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Once[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] per question. Submit more than one per question and you're disqualified - "Ah, tarter sauce!"[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]4) Winner determined by: The "X-th" person(s) to submit the correct answer for that weeks' question. The "X" number will change from week to week, but that number will be posted with the question. (Example: the 10th person with the correct answer wins). The order in which correct answers are received will be based on the date and time they are received. Names will be posted on this page. Winners will receive one free copy of the Radio Mechanics DVD mailed to their door. Not responsible for lost or misdirected mail.

5) DVXuser.com is in no way affiliated with The Radio Mechanic, it's cast, crew, or fast talking lawyers. As such DVXuser assumes no responsibility for any liabilities relating to this contest including, but not limited to; human fingers found in prize DVDs, injury or mental duress resulting from the viewing of said DVD, or sudden violent decompression upon viewing or participating in this contest. This contest is most likely illegal in your state or country and subject to whatever backward laws that pass for jurisprudence in your neck of the woods. DVXuser employees, their spouses, advertisers, and
[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]affiliates are more than welcome to enter the contest--as if they could answer a simple trivia question,,,duh! All rights reserved unless I've forgotten something.
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
 
Hello everyone! Thanks for hosting and announcing the trivia game Barry and Jarred. DVXuser.com is the best - but hey, everyone already knows that!

Week #1 of the game is half over and although we have some entries - we do want to give some DVD's away! The game is fun and pretty darn easy so if you want to win a "no-strings attached" freebie, we want to hear from you. Remember, the game is exclusive to DVXuser members/guests - so check it out!
 
What an absolutely fantastic way to draw attention to your site!
I just spent a good bit of time going through it to find the answer. Now I'm totally intriqued to see the results.
Great work guys!
 
Congrats to our first two recipients of "The Radio Mechanics" DVD in our trivia game giveaway!

Aaron Ng
Greg McKay

We've posted a new question for week number 2. If you submitted an answer for the last question, enter again. If you haven't played yet - check it out!

OH - and the password (clashware) is case-sensitive, so enter it in lowercase letters.
 
Greetings! As week number 2 comes to an end we discovered that not a single entry was submitted for this week's trivia question. Moreover, Aaron Ng has not claimed his free DVD despite two attempts to notify him. From a marketing standpoint, we find this curious.

This raises some questions and we'd be interested in your feedback.

*Is the chance to win a DVD not worth the time and effort?
*Is it too complicated and the odds too low?
*Do members think it's some kind of scam?
*Are visitors simply uninterested in this film and/or project?
*Is the honeymoon with the DVX over as our eyes turn to the HVX?
*Is John Hudson real, or just a figment of our imagination?
 
Preston - I just had a chance to watch the DVD last night.
All I can say is that's Aaron's loss! The movie is great. I got the feel I was watching an episode of twilight zone. Really fantastic STORY, camerawork, editing, sound!
What a great flick.
I really enjoyed watching the behind the scenes stuff and seeing the setup on all the shots. I loved the before post and after post shots.
Surely you guys have entered in various festivals. How's that going.

I HIGHLY recommend to anyone that was thinking about it.
Greg -
 
PrestonH said:
*Is the chance to win a DVD not worth the time and effort?
It took very little time or effort. Worth every minute.
PrestonH said:
*Is it too complicated and the odds too low?
Not complicated at all. Never considered the "odds.
PrestonH said:
*Do members think it's some kind of scam?
Trust me guys, it's not a SCAM.
PrestonH said:
*Are visitors simply uninterested in this film and/or project?
That would be their loss...:embarasse
PrestonH said:
*Is the honeymoon with the DVX over as our eyes turn to the HVX?
Ohhh I certainly hope not and seriously doubt it.
PrestonH said:
*Is John Hudson real, or just a figment of our imagination?
hummmm... good question. Maybe he secretly works for Clashware???
 
Greg, thanks for the kind words and the feedback. I appreciate it. Glad you enjoyed the film and all the extras.

We have entered it in a number of festivals. In fact, we'll be screening at a fest in Seattle the first weekend in June. Although we've received a couple of rejections, which is to be expected, there are several we are still waiting to hear from. I think getting into festivals is really a numbers game. And now we're focusing more on genre' fests - sci-fi is such a niche.
 
Okay everyone, the trivia question for week number 3 is up. This is a fun one and if you have a twisted sense of humor as I do, you'll get a kick out of the radio ad.
 
Well, as we complete week number 3:

Young Lee

scores a free copy of "The Radio Mechanics" on DVD.

The trivia question for the 4th and final week of the giveaway has been posted. This is the easiest one yet! Good luck.
 
Ron Warren scores the free DVD for the 4th and final week of the trivia giveaway.

Thanks to all for playing and thanks to DVXuser.com for hosting!
 
Hey Preston thanks a bunch but I bought the dvd a week ago. Could I donate the one I just won to dvxuser as a prize in a future contest? I enjoyed the dvd very much and thanks again.
 
Hmmmmm, you're absolutely right. Looks like you purchased one just before entering the contest. Tell you what, we can either send you another one that you can give away as a gift, we can donate it to DVXuser, or refund the cost of the DVD - whatever you prefer.
 
Ron, under the circumstances I've issued a full refund. And I'll be happy to donate a copy anytime to DVXuser for a future contest prize. Thanks for the purchase and I'm glad you enjoyed the DVD!
 
Back
Top