kprince
Well-known member
I was almost about to purchase the Zacuto eyepiece but decided to save a bunch of cash instead, and probably get a better end result. Some truths I noticed.
#1. There wasn't ANY difference in PERCEIVED resolution viewing the LCD screen with my most expensive loupes for viewing slide film vs a cheap pair of reading glasses of the same strength from LONGS. Seriously, if you need the bling, get the Zacuto, if you want to put that cash towards feeding your actors or effects props, DIY.
#2 I just ordered a cheap lcd shade from ebay 13 bucks and a 3X magnifing glass 3 bucks, I will post my end results after I get the stuffs...
#3 Zacuto is held on with velcro ?, how long will that last ?.. I have a feeling my build will be a fun, cheap, and functional little money saver that is more sturdy than Zacuto with the same end result : being able to determine what is and is not in FOCUS.
Peace out-
#1. There wasn't ANY difference in PERCEIVED resolution viewing the LCD screen with my most expensive loupes for viewing slide film vs a cheap pair of reading glasses of the same strength from LONGS. Seriously, if you need the bling, get the Zacuto, if you want to put that cash towards feeding your actors or effects props, DIY.
#2 I just ordered a cheap lcd shade from ebay 13 bucks and a 3X magnifing glass 3 bucks, I will post my end results after I get the stuffs...
#3 Zacuto is held on with velcro ?, how long will that last ?.. I have a feeling my build will be a fun, cheap, and functional little money saver that is more sturdy than Zacuto with the same end result : being able to determine what is and is not in FOCUS.
Peace out-