"The Perfect Fit" - a film by AJ Brooks

Favorite part: I like the pacing of the very beginning and how it was shot.

What would have made me like the film more: It seemed to drag on a bit before they find the ring again.

Favorite shot: 3:08 with the male standing against the wall.

Overall I liked the film. I liked the tone but I didn't feel very scared that anything bad would happen because they lost the ring in that room.
 
good film! it really grew on me and i think it was because your female lead was very good. she really got a chance to shine once she started to read the letter. i didn't like the way you used black and white and colored the lights with a reddish pink but as it went on, it worked. good music too!
 
This said a lot without actually saying anything. :)
Good acting and some interesting shots carried this film along nicely. Nice music/song.

My only gripe would be that I wasn't a huge fan of the grading. A minor nitpick.

Sorry I don't have much more to say.

MAH
 
Not a fan of the thermal vision grade. I do like the jump cuts and good visual storytelling, your actors really sell it. Music fits well too.
 
I liked that you told a story (and a pretty decent one) without having to use dialogue.

It was well shot and I liked your editing choices: The jump cuts in the opening scene grabbed me. However, I feel the pacing was a bit off through most of the film. Things seemed to linger longer than they needed to.

I thought the grading was going to work for me for the first couple shots, but then it just became too distracting and didn't really add anything to the story. I do think this short needed a unique look in terms of grading, but, in my opinion, this wasn't it.

The music is pretty good and fits the mood well, but for my taste it's a little too repetitive and not very interesting.

Overall, it's not my favorite, but it was definitely a solid, well-done short.
 
I enjoyed it, the colour grading was unique and will help you stand out IMO. I would have personally went for a warmer look with nice mellow earthy tones, either way good job.
 
AJ:

The dialog version is certainly different, and it was really interesting to satisfy my curiosity about how it would have turned out. I think that the acting was pretty good and I'm not sure that this wouldn't have been the version to submit, time allowing. Enjoyed the outtakes as well.

All-in-all though, it's hard to compare the two, having seen both versions. But they are really different movies. Now that I know what they were saying and talking about, I wonder if that detracts from my interest in the original version. But it was a very interesting experiment for me as a viewer.

Thanks AJ for the new version.
 
Back
Top