THE HOUSE Feature.

Staven

Well-known member
Finally got my site updated to a point that I like. I'm sure many of you saw this posted on 2-pop, but for those who haven't:

http://www.stabbfilms.com

under feature film section there is a teaser trailer, full trailer and a stills gallery.

Shot 24p advanced. detail -3 everthing else default, skin detail on, thin, cinema matrix, cinema gamma. Shot entire film 32k preset(didn't like the warmth, didn't suit film).

Shorts were shot with pd150. Are next short will be shot with DVX at the end of Jan.

Hope you enjoy!
 
Re: THE HOUSE Feature.

Hey, saw the trailer and I thought the sound was really good. Interested to know how you recorded the sound? What mike, set ups, etc.? I also think a better track or music track will do your film more justice for the trailer. Lastly, is there anyway we can see more of the house in the beginning---to establish it more? After all, it is called, "The House". Great job! Lighting and everything else looks great.
 
Re: THE HOUSE Feature.

Hey, regarding sound set up. Used the Sennheiser shotgun mike me/66 (not sure if that name is correct). Our field mixer is probably lower end(though it cost a grand) made by Sound Devices. It's two channel. Recorded through mixer into camera. Had on camera volume at 1/4 on the camera, but after putting footage on the computer, I wish we'd had the on camera volume set higher. - should test it at different settings of volume to find a good level(we unfortunately didn't). As we did an indie, we didn't have much control over locations so many places had lots of outside sound interferance. So... am doing lots of ADR.(dialogue replacement.) Tedious work. So advice on that is if you have a chance go to any prospective locations with a mike and headphones and check out how it sounds. Wild lines are a good idea when at crappy sound locations.

Thanks for the post, I used Soundtrack maker for the music on the trailers so it is kinda weak.
 
Back
Top