The Fisherman's Dream - Gh1 promo film

RandyQ

Well-known member

I shot the footage for this using an unhacked Gh1 at 720P, for this company's corporate profile video. There was so much unused footage that we decided to put together our own take of the video, with the objective of using most of the shots that were previously unused.
 

I shot the footage for this using an unhacked Gh1 at 720P, for this company's corporate profile video. There was so much unused footage that we decided to put together our own take of the video, with the objective of using most of the shots that were previously unused.
RandyQ, AWESOME footage! Did you have to film when they were out fishing for like a week or something? I used to tuna fish with a pole and had 3-4 day trips....Im thinking you probably stayed out there for awhile.
Only thing I really noticed is the "jello" around when you shot the GPS...other than that....AWESOME job!
 
Thanks, glad you like it!

I shot these over a few months actually, in several countries - China, Philippines, Pohnpei, Marshall islands.

The fishing shots in the Marshall islands, I shot over two long days, the normal fishing trip taking about 15 days or more. Client arranged for a boat to take me out and bring me back as soon as we could - a very, very expensive proposition. Since the legal tuna fishing grounds were about 70 miles offshore, the traveling time alone took about 12 hours before we laid down the long line.

I DID notice that jello - I can't understand how that happened because I THINK I was using a tripod. Maybe small vibrations?

Yes, glad you like it. This stuff is practically all I do, haha. I can't claim to be an expert in shooting anything else.
 
Nice! Love the first shot with the sunrise through the forward window. I think we get all caught up with Gh1 hack we forget that camera can take some beautiful shots without it! Very nice indeed.
 
Back
Top