The AF100 Book - availability and ordering info

I got my AF100 book from one of the major distributors in the UK. But not only that the camera is more expensive in the UK, the book does not come with it! Had to buy the book separately.
It is a fantastic book, very much recommended. Read it with my AF101 in hand.
I'm listing this book (now second hand in a very good condition) on ebay for European shipment.

I know it's been said many times before, but I just want to thank Barry for writing this book. It is invaluable for us less technical guys. THANKS!!

Hi Barry, I'm having trouble loading the Scene Files you provided with the book. I followed the readme on the disk and still when I try to go to "Card Read" under "User file" the four slots only show grey "TITLE 1" "TITLE 2" etc. and when I try to load one it says "No file".

I have copied over the scene files from the disk to a formatted card, and also made sure my NA AF100 is set to 59.94Hz. I have updated the firmware to the latest version (1.15-00) so would that have an effect? I also tried changing that in the Scene files but to no avail.

Nevermind. I found out you have to go to "Card Read" under the Scene File menu. Works now :) Thanks for providing these with the book.

Barry, is there any chance of being able to get a digital copy? I would love to be able to keep it on my kindle instead of carrying the book everywhere. I know the color pictures would not come through, but I would deal with that.

Australia or New Zealand book available??

Australia or New Zealand book available??

Hi Barry,

I own a AF102 just purchased at Lemac in Sydney.

I really want to get a copy of your book before the 9th of June... Late notice I know.

I tried Amazon in the States but the shipping takes between 18-30 days.

Do you know if the book is available in New Zealand or Australia anywhere??

Cheers,
Claire

Unfortunately no dealers in NZ or Australia have ordered. Amazon has them in stock and if you pay for express shipping they should be able to make your deadline.

Hi Barry
I am visiting US from UK and will be picking up an AF100 - and saving myself a thousand GBP.

B&H are not shipping the book with the AF100 (when I checked on 30 May) I assume they are an official Panny dealer. That right?

Mike

B&H is an authorized dealer, but i noticed they don't actually say that the book comes in the box. I bought mine from Spec Comm and it was the same way but they assured me it was in the box and it was.

Hi Barry
I am visiting US from UK and will be picking up an AF100 - and saving myself a thousand GBP.

B&H are not shipping the book with the AF100 (when I checked on 30 May) I assume they are an official Panny dealer. That right?

Mike
Any legit authorized USA product will have the book in the box. B&H is a legitimate authorized dealer, so all their stock should have the book in it.

Hi there,
New member - this is my first post..
I read the book cover to cover - then went back and made notes for the field.. Excellent work.
Love the scene files too

Thanks again,
Jason

I've just received mine...
Despite being newly wrapped, the first disc is plagued with fingerprints as shown in the picture below (they're not mine for sure):
IMAG0003.jpg

This photo is a little blur, but the fingerprints are actually a little worse than what's shown here...
Seems like the batch hasn't gone through good QC, Barry...

You may have a gray market product. The Books are packaged in the box. If you want to check, send me a Private Message with your Serial Number. I will check it.

Best,

Jan

Back