Testing chart or clip idea. Your thoughts.

MR Fanny

Veteran
So i have just updated my gh1 with Papas 80mbit MJPEG and "B"setting AVCHD and did a quick static test just to compare before and after.

It got me thinking, because I'd like to start doing some systematic tests but don't have free time during the day to shoot real life stuff. maybe I could record say footage off a tv or monitor that is playing super sharp detailed HD footage that already incorporated static aswell as motion/quick pan shots. It could be test footage of foliage or the ocean on rocks or whatever, or it could even be artificial fractal patterns that is designed to test detail as well as surprise the camera with sudden changes. I really like the fractal idea.

It would be a really good way to standardize my tests aswell as letting me test anytime i liked.

So, am I talking crazy talk or am I onto something? What are your thoughts?
 
Back
Top