Test Red Dragon

Josselin Billot

New member
Hi,

I'm a french Dop and I'm happy to post and share my experience with you, i hope it be useful.

Our music video "BLOW" was shot with the RED DRAGON in Raw 5K WS at 25fps and 50fps with the Leica Summicron serie, edited in FCPX and graded in DaVinci Resolve.

Tell us what you think about it !

The video is here :

BTS :
 
Interesting that the "artist" does not appear in it. -So it's more of a short film than a traditional "music video".


I think some parts looked outstanding....as opposed to other shots, which only looked amazing and awesome. Then there were the weak parts that only looked really really really good.

In other words - beautiful and engaging.

Thanks for posting it.
 
Great stuff. Love to see the Dragon working its magic and a solid director and crew bringing their vision to life. Well done. As far as the artist not appearing in the video....these days I think its totally cool. Look at Sigur Ros. I love all of those videos and they often do not appear.

Really great work here. I have personally only shot on MX. How did you feel the Dragon sensor performed above MX?
 
Thank you guys !

The dragon sensor is clearly better than MX : Better dynamic range (+2 stop in the highlight), better colors (more realistics), better when you work in "tungsten" (3200K) and smoothest than MX sensor.

However, the only problem is the lowlight... 800 iso is the max you can use, above you will see a lot of noise in the dark parts.... So, I advise to you to never go above 1250 iso....
 
Back
Top