Starting up - Need Cam Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhorizons

Active member
OK....I decided to go "bottom of the barrell (read: event videography)" because frankly, I could use extra quick coin. That being said, I am asking for some input on cameras.

I'm also on a limited budget at an even more limited place (Dell). That being said, I have widdled down to two different cameras, one is SD, other HD. Which would you recommend and why?

Canon XL2 vs. Sony HVR-57U

Both have features I like & dislike (low-light, shoulder pad, etc). I have no intentions (at this time) on doing anything film or advertising related, but that may change.

Thanks in advance.
 
I think with the attitude you are displaying towards event work, don't even bother. Some of us
do VERY well and the work isn't as easy as you might think. You certainly wont be doing any of us any favors buying cheap SD gear, advertising on Craigslist and producing $500 videos. So,
keep your money and stay at home on the weekends continuing to surf porn like you do now.
 
I think with the attitude you are displaying towards event work, don't even bother. Some of us
do VERY well and the work isn't as easy as you might think. You certainly wont be doing any of us any favors buying cheap SD gear, advertising on Craigslist and producing $500 videos. So,
keep your money and stay at home on the weekends continuing to surf porn like you do now.
Erm... Well Said XD
 
I think with the attitude you are displaying towards event work, don't even bother. Some of us
do VERY well and the work isn't as easy as you might think. You certainly wont be doing any of us any favors buying cheap SD gear, advertising on Craigslist and producing $500 videos. So,
keep your money and stay at home on the weekends continuing to surf porn like you do now.

First off, I don't agree with the "bottom of the barrel" thing I quoted, which is EXACTLY why I put quotes around it. I've seen it stated as such on these forums as well as others. If I thought it was bottom of the barrel, I wouldn't waste my time nor energy doing it....and I know it's not easy nor less work than any other area of videography/filming, just the size and location dynamics differ (even then not all the time). Only reason I stated "quick coin" is because in this area, there is still a supply & demand for the business without over-saturation.....not meant to cheapen the work or client base.

That being said, I've got the cam, and this thread is no longer of use. Mods, please close/lock the thread.

@Scottie - instead of being a presumptuous jerk, ask if someone actually intended the meaning you took it for.
 
I think with the attitude you are displaying towards event work, don't even bother. Some of us
do VERY well and the work isn't as easy as you might think. You certainly wont be doing any of us any favors buying cheap SD gear, advertising on Craigslist and producing $500 videos. So,
keep your money and stay at home on the weekends continuing to surf porn like you do now.

very well said my friend....
 
keep your money and stay at home on the weekends continuing to surf porn like you do now.

I don't really understand what is so well-said about coming into a thread and insulting people out of nowhere...

Classy..... I gotta tell ya'...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top