Splitter for 2 channel audio.

dakkio26

Member
I have a 550d with magic lantern, which is great, but I want to be able to record two inputs at the same time. I would like a splitter that can take a stereo signal from my rode mic in one socket, a stereo signal from my radio mic in another socket and then channel them into a single 3.5mm stereo jack where the left hand channel is a mono composite of the shotgun channel and the right channel is a mono composite of the radio mic channel.

I've seen stereo to 2x mono (1 left, 1 right) splitters - but my concern is that it won't work in reverse. i.e. lose one of the channels from each inputted device... <-- valid concern?

Sorry for the confuddled description, but if anyone is still reading and knows of such an item please could you let me know - send me a link.

Cheers
 
Let me start by saying I'm fairly sure you do not want to record your stereo mic to a mono track. IMO you just want one of the channels from the Rode recorded. This is because ganging a stereo mic into mono is not only a waste of time in the sense that it will be mono but you can create phase issues by doing so. I am also assuming a "Radio Mic" is a wireless mic. This type of adapter should allow you to use the Rode and your "Radio Mic" and record on different channels.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102691
 
When I started my reply I was going to mention a field mixer. It is always the best option. Adapters and stacking adapters can be a recipe for disaster. It can also work perfectly for under $10. That being said a good mixer is alway better.
 
Back
Top