OTHER: Sony FX5 + DZO Arcana + DZO Arles + Thypoch Simera C

Oh, man - some of the best times ever, crazy interactions on here when it was so lively, but it's almost like I'm a different person in a different life; haven't checked cameras on B&H in like four solid years and shot something maybe like twice in the same amount of time.

Like many of us, miss the good ole days!! Hope everyone is so well.
You're an inspiration to all of us with GAS, Norbro - you made it to the other side.
 
Oh, man - some of the best times ever, crazy interactions on here when it was so lively, but it's almost like I'm a different person in a different life; haven't checked cameras on B&H in like four solid years and shot something maybe like twice in the same amount of time.

Like many of us, miss the good ole days!! Hope everyone is so well.
Do you care or have any interest for camera tech at this stage? If I left, I imagine I’d completely stop caring about any developments. Maybe I’d do a yearly speed run of all articles on newsshooter.
 
Dawg, none at all. I am beyond out-of-touch and out of that world. (I sadly check DVXuser like twice a month now but OG is still here.) :)

Long story short; I became obsessed with the stock market around this time last year and spent 17 hours per day with ChatGPT, for like 3 months, learning about everything. It has been an insane ride but it's my absolute obsession (mostly selling covered calls [options] with high IV stocks).

The market is incredibly unfair and brutal but if you spend enough time in it and have some capital to work with, you get the hang of things.

My younger girlfriend watches IG and TikTok reels all day long and I see the video production (phones) and editing, and I can't even imagine freelancing now.

2008-2019 or so, absolute magic, prime years, will always remember them.
 
Are you full time trader now? That's awesome you self taught and are onto something else. I'll never be an in house videographer, I'd just move to a completely different field.

It's funny, I think videos as a medium are still valuable, but how they're framed seems more important than the production value, or even the content. There are plenty of corporate projects to be filmed, but the current model is a very small number of people collaborating. Like how you can't imagine freelancing, I can't imagine those whose bread and butter was the 20+ person commercial work. If something is too polished now, people feel like they're being sold something, where as it used to be the way to get the attention!

My current set up is tiny pyxis, fuji mirrorless, and dji pocket - just pull out whichever one is needed for that particular shot and keep moving as quickly as possible.
 
Back
Top