Sony FS100 and F3 compared (Alister Chapman)

Thank you Alister. That was very nice to see. I've been all focused on the F3, but this makes me consider the FS-100 with a Nanoflash.
 
I was disappointed to see that he didnt talk about the FS100's ergonomics. Thats the make or break aspect.
 
Timur, how ergonomic is a box going to be? I think its self evident that the box isn't ergonomic by itself.

That and the need for ND filters just cries out for rails and a matte box. On top of that there is the lack of any way to put it on your shoulder and the need for a forward mounted LCD and I can't think of any reason to take it off of rails other than to use once in awhile as a stealth cam.

Pretty much the handles, shoulder mounts, etc will be aftermarket. I think the FS100 is going to be a camera that you mount on rails and leave it there.
 
Well I mean, yea they both perform the same when on a tripod in the park. What about, in a studio, with audio, monitors, handheld, etc....
 
Back
Top