Sony EX-3 Filter Wheel Replacement Sources?

Crewsouth Ryan

New member
Hi all,

I am looking for a replacement part/repair for the EX3 ND filter wheel. This is the part:

ND-Filter-Wheel.jpg

The short version is that one of the filters popped out of the wheel. It was reinserted with an adhesive by a professional (but not Sony). The wheel was working fine, but the adhesive broke down (probably due to heat). It has created a film that covers some of the internal elements. I'm having it cleaned now, but the ND filters are no longer usable. To replace through Sony, it will cost over $700 with parts and labor. I am looking for the new (or used) wheel with filters. Currently, I do not know the part number, as it's not listed in the Sony service manual.
 
have you called Sony Service Center? I was able to find parts from EX3 and FS700 by describing it to them over the phone. Sony parts can be more reasonable than sony service.
 
Here is a download for Sony's exploded parts diagram.

It will help you, when asking for specific parts, to be able to supply them with a specific part number.

Here is a link to a free download of it.

http://elektrotanya.com/sony_pmw-ex3_1st_edition.pdf/download.html

I've called Sony direct to order parts, gave them the numbers, and had the parts within a couple of weeks. Faster if I wanted to pay for a faster/higher priced shipping.
 
i have spoken to other ex1/ex3 folks who have had the same filter wheel issue.

be well.

rob
smalltalk productions/nyc
 
Back
Top