Sony A7S with Odyssey 7Q

boosh

Well-known member
Hey guys, I'm currently using my FS700 with the first edition Odyssey 7Q and I'm thinking of getting a Sony A7S as a b-cam to this setup. I just wondered is there a way to use the first edition Odyssey 7q with the Sony A7S? I know the Odyssey 7Q doesn't accept 4K through HDMI but is there a black magic box that lets us convert the HMDI signal from the A7S through a SDI cable to put through the Odyssey?
 
At least two months ago this was not possible. So unless there's a brand new product from BM I assume this is still the case.
 
No, currently there is no product to convert the UHD HDMI signal out of the A7S to a 3G-SDI signal to feed into the Odyssey7Q. That's why we had to move to the Odyssey7Q+.
 
Back
Top