Sony A7S - best Picture Profile for skin tones if you don't have LUT capable monitor

Bill,

Just a quick word of thanks for your A7s profile. Two days days ago my wife called and asked me to shoot a short piece for her on camera...a corporate introduction if you will. She has been in and around production for 30yrs and knows what she likes. When I let her see the TV Logic monitor I was using she specifically mentioned the color of the image overall and how her skin looked. I lit with Flolights in our den to supplement the afternoon light. I will be using this profile whenever I can. Thanks so much.

Best,

Dave Nystul
 
Hey guys if you or someone checking out these forums needs another "canon" color profile replica, check out these two videos shot in camera with no color correction! This is my version of the devinsupertramp color profile on a sony camera. I'm still tweaking it, but I think I'm getting somewhere. I will be posting the settings if I get enough requests or additional subscribers to give away my profile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCOmyKDVzdg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfinNpywLzg&t
 
I also have been experimenting with cine 4 + itu709 abd it gives good result. Just watch out for Red objects - they tend to pop up so much, it can be distracting. Its an easy fix though via a small red desat.
 
Bump for the tololo profile - been getting great result with skintones while being able to maintain a solid dynamic range, something which i couldn't do with autumn leaves.
 
Back
Top