Hi everyone!
I'm looking for a little advice regarding shooting with EX3s. I shot a bunch of multi-cam stuff with this camera last year and i really don't like the image that I produced. It looks pretty bad, actually. Can someone help me figure out why? And maybe best settings? i've attached some screen shots. All cameras turned out looking like this.
One question I had specifically was about frame rates. I shot this at 24p and I swear it looks interlaced to me. Is there something about this camera shooting 24p that I don't know about? Maybe I shot in SP mode? Would that cause what i'm seeing here? Also, look at the specs they say "SP MODE 23.98 (pulldown)". Does SP mode need to be deinterlaced? Either way, I don't plan on shooting SP, i'd be shooting in HQ. Does HQ need any sort of processing when shooting in 24p?
Unfortunately, I don't really remember anything else about the settings I selected. I'm shooting the same events this year and would really like to take full advantage of the camera and make these images look much, much better.
Thoughts?
PS the screen grabs are from a pretty compressed version of the final output but the overall look and muddiness is accurately represented.


I'm looking for a little advice regarding shooting with EX3s. I shot a bunch of multi-cam stuff with this camera last year and i really don't like the image that I produced. It looks pretty bad, actually. Can someone help me figure out why? And maybe best settings? i've attached some screen shots. All cameras turned out looking like this.
One question I had specifically was about frame rates. I shot this at 24p and I swear it looks interlaced to me. Is there something about this camera shooting 24p that I don't know about? Maybe I shot in SP mode? Would that cause what i'm seeing here? Also, look at the specs they say "SP MODE 23.98 (pulldown)". Does SP mode need to be deinterlaced? Either way, I don't plan on shooting SP, i'd be shooting in HQ. Does HQ need any sort of processing when shooting in 24p?
Unfortunately, I don't really remember anything else about the settings I selected. I'm shooting the same events this year and would really like to take full advantage of the camera and make these images look much, much better.
Thoughts?
PS the screen grabs are from a pretty compressed version of the final output but the overall look and muddiness is accurately represented.

