I've been shooting a boatload of documentary footage over the past few weeks, and here's a sample:
http://vimeo.com/13020986
The hack showed up right when I was starting the project, and after shooting the first weekend unhacked - and getting pissed about the time it took to deinterlace, plus some mud problems - I hacked the camera and did some tests to make sure I could get stable results. I wound up going with the B settings because they sounded less risky. Still, I think the results are great. I have had a couple problems with static high-detail footage causing write errors, but luckily I'm almost always handheld and it hasn't been a problem so far.
http://vimeo.com/13020986
The hack showed up right when I was starting the project, and after shooting the first weekend unhacked - and getting pissed about the time it took to deinterlace, plus some mud problems - I hacked the camera and did some tests to make sure I could get stable results. I wound up going with the B settings because they sounded less risky. Still, I think the results are great. I have had a couple problems with static high-detail footage causing write errors, but luckily I'm almost always handheld and it hasn't been a problem so far.
Last edited: