So what would you want?

So what would you want?

  • Action/Adventure - fest

    Votes: 23 20.2%
  • Comedy - fest

    Votes: 36 31.6%
  • Drama - fest

    Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Musical - fest

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Romantic/Comedy - fest

    Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Christmas - fest

    Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Sci-Fi - fest

    Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Oldern Day - fest

    Votes: 8 7.0%

  • Total voters
    114
  • Poll closed .
khmuse said:
Yep, I like the idea of a theme as well.

I also hope that there will be a non competing category again as I really don't want to shoot another on either the dvx or hvx.

I wonder, do we have to shoot on video or is film OK for the non compete category?

Dude... if you've got the budget to shoot film, would it be a bit more beneficial to you to invest time in a bigger project? I know that film isn't as expensive as people say it is, but still.
 
It would need to be video and a competition as well. But if it is a theme it would be interesting to see which genre people decide to use to complete the project. I think it could be very interesting.
 
Kholi said:
Dude... if you've got the budget to shoot film, would it be a bit more beneficial to you to invest time in a bigger project? I know that film isn't as expensive as people say it is, but still.

Have been collecting short ends from other projects for a while and I know a camera tech at one of the bigger rental houses that can get a killer deal, so if the theme is something that is interesting to me, I might just go that route.

As for a bigger project, I am in pre pro now on a feature development project, but with some of the permitting problems we are having, its looking like early December before we can shoot.

As for expensive, my only real costs would be lighting / grip equipment rental (which I would have if I shot video), insurance (which I also would have if I shot video), processing and telecine (here I would just submit a really short TRT project and keep my shooting ratios really low).

So, does anyone know if this would be allowed as a non compete entry?
 
khmuse said:
Have been collecting short ends from other projects for a while and I know a camera tech at one of the bigger rental houses that can get a killer deal, so if the theme is something that is interesting to me, I might just go that route.

As for a bigger project, I am in pre pro now on a feature development project, but with some of the permitting problems we are having, its looking like early December before we can shoot.

As for expensive, my only real costs would be lighting / grip equipment rental (which I would have if I shot video), insurance (which I also would have if I shot video), processing and telecine (here I would just submit a really short TRT project and keep my shooting ratios really low).

So, does anyone know if this would be allowed as a non compete entry?

Probably so. I wouldn't see why not? Especially if you aren't in it for prizes. It's a filmmaking forum as well as a resource for DVX/Video; I don't think they'll outcast film.
 
Well its actually the starter of the thread here "Domino Harvey" on another name. Because i hate the old one kinda now and well. This is my weird nickname for my name "Kieran" Anywho'z

I still want another competition... This is TOTALLY not a bump, btw. But i do think the thread is getting a little boring...
 
well, if your post isn't a bump, then mine is.

I want one of those announcements from Jarred.

*insert*fest. Feb 2007. 5 min.
 
Way i see it. Which is normally the Illegal way. Is:

Option A
Where basically we all dont post and all SPAM Jarred's PM box continuing to nag for a further film fest and refuse to post on the forum at all.

Option B
We all kill ourselves.

OR

Option C
We organise out own fest

Oh boy, am i in for it. >_<
 
Ki-Ki said:
Way i see it. Which is normally the Illegal way. Is:

Option A
Where basically we all dont post and all SPAM Jarred's PM box continuing to nag for a further film fest and refuse to post on the forum at all.

Option B
We all kill ourselves.

OR

Option C
We organise out own fest

Oh boy, am i in for it. >_<

Give it some time. Jarreds a busy man and we just got done with Horrorfest. It will be announced once he has a breather.


hybridtheory said:
well, if your post isn't a bump, then mine is.

I want one of those announcements from Jarred.

*insert*fest. Feb 2007. 5 min.

:shocked:

Ok... I'm thinking hot chick, bundle of grapes, slowly inserting them into her mouth.

:Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)
 
God damn it, now you just made me go to the fridge for freaking grabes, no joke.....now i feel hungry
 
Ki-Ki-

I love your avatar- LOL! That's great - killer elmo!:beer: :thumbsup:
(I know off topic- but I had to comment on it. :) )
 
khmuse said:
Have been collecting short ends from other projects for a while and I know a camera tech at one of the bigger rental houses that can get a killer deal, so if the theme is something that is interesting to me, I might just go that route.
Yeah, I hear ya, Kev. I've been collecting 70mm short ends since the late 80s--I think I just might go 70mm IMAX on the next DVXfest!
 
Rezfactor said:
Yeah, I hear ya, Kev. I've been collecting 70mm short ends since the late 80s--I think I just might go 70mm IMAX on the next DVXfest!

Now if I can just locate that 14 perf camera I had laying around the garage I will blow the dust off and send it over your way.

I'm pretty certain that a 50 MB down load version won't hurt the source material too much!

:laugh:
 
For what it's worth, I think the musical would be the most fun. So far the fests have been very specific niche genres. Horror, superhero, sci-fi, um... another one, I think...

But yeah. Musical would be hilarious and fun and really push people to be extravagant, I think. I would definitely try to come up with something, since I've missed the last two fests that I've had my camera for.

Besides that, some sort of romance would be neat, but that's for purely selfish reasons since that's what I'll be working on in the coming months. :)
 
Looks like it was the 16% for drama fest then...

Oh well. I can turn my action script into a drama script...probably not but there you go.
 
Back
Top