so what now?

Thank you Jack for taking the time to expound on my post. Everything that you said makes complete sense.

Perhaps I really shouldn't have tossed in the second comment on my post (referring to the # of votes that a film gets). I really don't have a beef with that because in my mind, a film is going to garner votes and my example was an extreme (and an extremely bad one :) ).

I do agree that there should be the implementation of the two catagories, DIRECTING and QUALITY OF ENTERTAINMENT/X-FACTOR. I do feel that these are two key ingredients missing.

Thanks again for your post.
 
I'm already working on an new system with input from the other mods, Jarred, and some excellent technical support from some DVXusers who shall remain nameless for the time being. As always, I appreciate your feedback in these threads and I think the changes are in line with many of the comments I'm reading. Keep in mind that there are tradeoffs we have to make for every type of system, but we should have a significantly better way of running DVXfest that improves everyone's experience.

The declining number of voters clearly speaks to the fact that the current system is too complicated, there are just too many numbers for too many films. Although there is a (very) small hardcore group of you that rates every category for every film, we need a much simpler system if we have any hope of getting a wider circle of users to vote. So we'll have an easy to understand system that places much less of a burden on voters. In addition, we'll have significantly upgraded technical systems for entering, viewing, and voting on films. I can't say if it will all be ready for the next DVXfest because we'll be doing some serious beta testing and the last thing I want to do is roll out something half-baked, but we'll try to have most of it ready if possible.
 
Looking forward to it Barry, thanks!

I wish I could have voted for everyfilm- heck I wish I could have viewed every film. Anything to streamline the process would be great. Thanks again!
 
Back
Top